An informative bike tour through Krakow’s major sights with a traditional Polish pastry stop included! Enjoy a leisurely experience and learn about Krakow and the history behind it during entertaining bike ride through Krakow’s major sights.
What to Expect
Krakow’s original and most renowned biking tour is an innovative, entertaining and relaxing way to see mostly all the city sights in a more intimate way through our grand roads, bike pathways and quiet side streets. It’s an excellent way to get orientated with the city and its history before heading out on your own to explore.
The tour begins at the tour operator's office, a stone's throw away from Krakow’s main market square, right in the heart of the Old Town. Once everyone's equipped with bikes, start with a quick introduction to Polish history and culture and learn about the origins of Krakow before setting off. Head through the lush green Planty gardens to some of the oldest fortifications in the city - parts of the medieval city wall, the Barbican and the Florian Gate. Here you will learn about the attacks on the city in the distant past before meeting one of the most important Queens of Poland - Jadwiga, and hearing her story.
Continue your ride through the old moat gardens to explore the Jagiellonian University buildings with their medieval courtyards and ornate clocks, and then see the Bishop’s Palace and the window of Pope John Paul II and get a glimpse of Oscar Schindler’s house.
As you approach the river you’ll get a proper look at Krakow’s historic castle - the Wawel - and learn all about the dragon that resides beneath the hill. He may even breathe fire just for you! Afterwards, cruise along the banks of the Vistula before crossing the river to the Podgorze district. Here learn about the devastating events of WWII and see the areas of the former Jewish ghetto, the remains of the ghetto walls and take a look Oscar Schindler’s factory.
On the final leg of our tour, head back to downtown Krakow and explore the bohemian Kazimierz district. After the refreshment stop, look around the Jewish district of Krakow, check out the most important synagogues and landmarks and see how the area has now become the trendy bar and restaurant district in the city. Make your way back to the office via the famous “Royal route” with a final glimpse of the castle and old town square before finishing the tour.
- English-speaking guide
- Bike hire and optional helmet included during the tour time
- Refreshment stop for coffee and cake
What's Not Included
- Entry fees to sights and museums
- Transport to the meeting point or from the conclusion point
Know Before You Go
• Note that Krakow is flat and completely suitable for bike riding at a leisurely pace so this tour is suitable for all fitness levels
• You will need to be fit for continuous biking for up to 4 hours
• The bike ride is not strenuous and is suitable for all fitness levels
• You must know how to ride a bike
• The tour takes place in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
• Refunds/exchanges are not given due to adverse weather
• The tour operator is not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents