Look inside some of the most historic churches and cathedrals of Krakow on a private 3-hour walking tour, and get panoramic views of the Old Town from the bell tower of Wawel Cathedral. Stroll down one of the oldest streets in the city, and much more.
What to Expect
Discover some of the great ecclesiastical monuments of Krakow on a private 3-hour walking tour, and look inside some of the city’s most beautiful churches and monuments.
Start in the heart of the Old Town, and take a short stroll to the baroque Church of St. Anne. Then, watch the unveiling of the altar inside St. Mary’s Basilica (entry included). Admire the oldest church in Krakow at St. Adalbert’s, located in the center of the Europe’s largest medieval market square.
Continue to the Franciscan Church to see its magnificent stained glass windows and cloister. Learn about Krakow’s unique Christmas traditions and see the hall of important Polish religious figures. The Bishop’s Palace (exterior only), once home to Pope John Paul II, is next on the itinerary. See the former pope’s famous window, before walking down the oldest street in Krakow.
Go to the Church of St. Peter and St. Paul and hear the story of the nuns of St. Claire the Poor. End by looking inside the jewel in Krakow’s crown at Wawel Cathedral (entry included) in the castle area. Hear stories of years gone by and about the most prominent figures in Krakow’s history. Get a close-up view of the legendary Sigismund Bell from the top of the Bell Tower.
Before you leave, get useful tips on how to make the most of your time in Krakow from your friendly guide. As a private tour, a hotel pick-up can be provided, but it may be useful to meet at the supplier's office in the heart of the Old Town so that you are well placed to catch the unveiling of the altar at St. Mary’s Basilica.
- English-speaking guide
- Entrance tickets to St. Mary's Basilica and Wawel Cathedral
- Transportation tickets (when needed)
What's Not Included
- Transfers to and from the meeting and drop off point
- Food and drinks
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please wear modest clothes that cover your shoulders and thighs to go inside the churches. Male visitors are requested to enter without a head cover (unless this is against the rules of their religion)
• If you would like to visit the Sigismond Bell (included as part of the tour), please note that you should be fit enough to climb the 70 steps to the bell in the tower of Wawel Cathedral
• The tour operates in all weather conditions, so please dress appropriately
• The supplier is not responsible for unforeseen delays or accidents
• Tours cancelled within 72 hours of the start date will incur a cancellation penalty and no refund will be given. No-shows or non-participation are considered non-refundable