Explore the mangrove forest of Krabi by traditional longtail boat and encounter the abundant wildlife on this 4-hour boat cruise through Krabi’s wetland with narrow canals and hidden gems. Visit the famous Khao Khanab Nam Cave and Koh Klang community.
What to Expect
A local boatman will take you to the mangrove forests of Krabi in a traditional longtail boat where you can see the interesting sights including the Khao Khanab Nam Cave which lies in-between 2 mountains and displays impressive stalagmites and stalactites.
Time to stop at a local, floating restaurant near Baan Kanon on the banks of Krabi River for a delicious lunch including fresh fish.
You will enter the small canals of the mangrove forest and see different types of mangrove trees as well as local wildlife, including monkeys, birds and fish. You can also relax and enjoy a fish show with puffer fish, catfish, black kingfisher and crabs at a typical fish farm in the local Koh Klang community. On the small island of Koh Klang which is just in front of the mainland of Krabi, you can walk though the local community and see rice fields and water buffaloes.
Thailand only has a few areas that have been recognized as wetlands of the world and the mangrove forest of Krabi Province, covering an area of 100,000 rai (160 square kilometers) is ranked in the Ramsar List of Wetlands of International Importance. The protected area also covers 12 square kilometers of up to 2-kilometer wide tidal mudflats.
The area is popular with birdwatchers coming to spot some of the most diverse and rare species in the world including the Masked Finfoot and the Brown-winged Kingfisher to name just a few. The mangroves are a habitat for various species of wildlife including reptiles, birds and marine creatures.
- Drinking water
- Light lunch at a local restaurant near the Krabi river
- Local guide
- Life jacket
- National park entrance fee to Khao Kanap Nam Cave
What's Not Included
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Trip Store Krabi office opposite of Pak-Up hostel or at Chao Fah pier next to night food market.
Know Before You Go
• Please bring sunglasses, sun cream, and of course your camera on the trip+
• Wearing flip flops or sandals is a good idea.
• Shorts rather than long pants are advisable as you could start out in ankle deep water. Do not expect to stay dry on a longtail boat.
• Tour program can be altered due to tidal and weather conditions.
• Expected group size is between 2 and 11 persons
• This tour is not recommended for pregnant women or people with back or neck problems