Borneo Full Day Try Dive (2 Dives) for BeginnersProduct ID: 13260
From £94.15 per personBook now
- Enjoy 2 leisure dives (down to about 40 feet, or 12 meters) along gorgeous coral reefs as part of your PADI Discover Scuba Diving Experience
- Relax on boat transfers on the best diving boats in Kota Kinabalu
- Have a personlized experience with a small group and friendly instructor
- Experience an amazing range of marine life, including exotic corals and even the "Nemo" clown fish
- Enjoy lunch on an island in the Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine National Park
- Feel secure with a full range of safety equipment
This tour includes a 1-day introduction to scuba diving. It will include two dives, the second of which will go to a maximum of about 40 feet (12 meters). You will dive in sheltered bays and gorgeous coral reefs in Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine National Park (TARP) near Kota Kinabalu. The Park includes 5 islands and plenty of crystal blue waters, perfect for new divers to test out their scuba skills. Plus, the state of Sabah is located in the Coral Triangle, meaning you will come across a wide, incredibly diverse range of corals and tropical marine life while underwater. Keep a look-out for charming fish like clown fish (the popular “Nemo”). If you’re really lucky, you just may catch a glimpse of a turtle!
A typical itinerary for the PADI Discover Scuba Diving Experience looks like:
- 9:00 h: Meet a member of the Borneo Dream team at the entrance to Jesselton Point Jetty (under the archway). The team member will escorts you to your boat, which will depart from Jesselton Point and continue on to Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine National Park.
- 10:00h: Complete PADI forms and enjoy a short scuba diving education session delivered by your PADI Instructor.
- 10:30h: Time to get wet! Complete a confined water skills session and enjoy your first dive of the day, conducted in a shallow, protected bay at one of the Islands in Tunku Abdul Rahman Marine National Park.
- 12:00h - 13:30h: Take a break on land and lunch. Enjoy a relaxed lunch on either Pulau Mamutik or Pulau Sapi.
- 13:30h: Briefing for your second dive. Put on your dive gear and enjoy a second leisure dive with your PADI Instructor. Dive along a coral reef to a maximum of around 40 feet (12 meters).
- 15:00h: Depart for Jesselton Point
- 15:30h: Arrive at Jesselton Point
The PADI Discover Scuba Diving Experience is just that: a true experience. This tour is dedicated to providing high quality, safe, educational, exciting, and fun diving experiences. Plus, small groups ensure personalized attention. Scuba gear, a towel, and refreshments are all included. All you need to do is show up ready to get wet!
- As part of your PADI Discover Scuba Diving Experience price you will receive:
- A short information session and a confined open water skills session (as per PADI standards)
- Two leisure dives (up to a maximum of about 40 feet, or 12 meters)
- Instruction from qualified, friendly Dive Professionals
- Boat transfers on the spacious and fully equipped catamaran Borneo Dream 3 (the largest, most well equipped diving day boat in Kota Kinabalu)
- A small group of students, ensuring personalized attention
- New, fully functioning, high-quality diving gear
- A towel, sun deck for relaxing between dives, suntan lotion, and a fresh water shower
- Lunch and unlimited tea, coffee, hot chocolate, and water
- Sabah Parks diving permit and island conservation fees
- Hotel pick-up
- Private instructor (available at extra charge)
Boats depart from Jesselton Point Jetty in central Kota Kinabalu. The Jetty is a short stroll, or very quick taxi ride, from most hotels in central Kota Kinabalu. Your tour team will meet at 9:00h at the entrance to the Jetty (under the archway, next to the British red telephone box). They will be holding a "Borneo Dream" sign and wearing Borneo Dream shirts. (Open in Google Maps)
• You must be 10 years or older.
• You must be comfortable in the water and have basic swimming skills.
• You should be in good overall health to dive, particularly in terms of your respiratory and circulatory systems. You will be asked to self-certify before starting your PADI Discover Scuba Diving Experience.
• You will need to complete the required PADI forms.
• Please note that, in compliance with recognized diving safety standards, you must have a minimum of 18 hours free after diving before flying on a plane.
Product ID: 13260