Cruise the backwaters of Alleppey, also known as Alappuzha, on a 7-hour tour from Port Cochin, and discover the famous inland waterways of Kerala on board a traditional houseboat. See traditional villages, backwater boats, and more.
What to Expect
Explore the famous Kerala backwaters of Alleppey on board a traditional houseboat.
Following a pick-up from Cochin Port at 09:00, transfer to Aleppey to board your houseboat at 10:30. Cruise slowly through the backwaters and village areas to marvel at the lush vegetation, paddy fields, coconut palms, and more. There’s no guide on board but there will be 3 staff members to look after you and make sure your experience is as relaxed as you could wish for.
Enjoy a lunch of Keralan cusine as you gently cruise, ending at approximately 13:30 - 13:15 for the transfer back to Cochin Port by about 15:00.
Alleppey, also known as Alappuzha, is located between the Arabian Sea and a web of rivers flowing into it. In the early 20th century, the then Viceroy of the Indian Empire, Lord Curzon was so mesmerized by the scenic beauty he declared that Alleppey was “The Venice of the East.”
- Pick-up and drop off at Cochin Port (Ships Berth)
- Transfers by air-conditioned vehicle
- 2.5-hour backwater cruise
- Lunch on board
- 1 bottle of drinking water per person
- All taxes
What's Not Included
- Liquors and wine
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please note that for the houseboat cruise there won't be a guide, although there will be 3 members of staff on board to look after you
• For the pick-up, drivers will be holding a sign with your name on it for ease of identification
• Cancellations made more than 30 days before the tour will receive a full refund. For cancellations made from 16-30 days before the tour, a 50% refund will be paid. Cancellations made 15 days or less before the tour pay the full price