Go on a day tour to Curonian Spit. Kursiu Nerija is the greenest area in Lithuania. During this tour, you will visit Juodkrante, Witch Mountain, Parnidzio dune, Nagliu Reserve, Thomas Mann Memorial Museum and Nida sundial.
What to Expect
The journey will start from Smiltyne. Take a ferry into one of the most beautiful Lithuanian places between two bodies of waters, named by tourists as “the corner of the world.”
You will take a short stop in Juodkrante. This is one of the most beautiful areas all year round. Nida is one of the oldest settlements of the Kursiu Nerija since 1429. Now, visitors to Nida are fascinated by its tranquility, unique nature and spectacular fishing lodges, stylish villas and architecture.
Then, visit Witch Mountain which is on one of the most beautiful sand dunes located in Juodkrante. It’s an old wooden sculpture exhibition. Currently, there are about 80 oak sculptures which form a huge impressive ensemble (witches, demons, dragons and other fairy characters).
Nida village was known from 1676. Nida is the oldest and best known of the Kursiu Nerija area, famous for its impressive Great Dune, where German writer Thomas Mann spent his summers. In Nida, you can admire the stylish architecture of the lodges, the bright décor, carvings and ancient fishing boats. Nida also has a preserved old cemetery with distinctive headstones. Altogether, it is like a fishing village museum under the stars.
Parnidis dune and sundial. This semi-shifting dune is one of the most unique and popular Kursiu Nerija objects. It is 52 meters high, although previously 17 meters higher. You can also visit the observation deck overlooking fabulous views on top of the dune.
The famous writer was fascinated by the lagoon and the fishing village beauty in 1930 and built a vacation home here. Since 1995, the summer house has been turned into the Thomas Mann Memorial Museum* and cultural center where concerts, poetry meetings are held.
Finally, visit Amber Museum-Gallery* in Nida. The museum is located in an old fisherman's house since 1993, and it welcomes visitors with wooden amulets from Juodkrantė's Treasure. They are like museum guards. Visitors are acquainted with Juodkrantė's Treasure and the meaning of amulets in the museum where they can see all 434 original sized amulets.
- Traveling on a comfortable bus / minibus / car with an AC
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off in Klaipeda
- Ferry tickets Klaipeda-Kursiu Nerija-Klaipeda
- Eco-fee to enter Curonian Spit
- Excursion - entertainment program (in the description)
- Professional English/ German/ Russian/ Lithuanian-speaking guide
- The travel paperwork documentation
What's Not Included
- tour at paid attractions: tourists pay all in (*) selected objects
- Medical insurance
- Personal expenses, gratuities to local guides and drivers, beverages and other expenses not mentioned
- Note: You will have to pay extra for permission to take pictures and videos of certain objects
Know Before You Go
• During the summertime, take a swim or just a pleasant beach walk on the famous sandy beaches of Curonian Spit