Take a slow and tranquil kayak trip to the marshy flooding areas on Nemunas delta. Paddle Minija and Nemunas rivers and Curonian Lagoon, learn more about the bird migration in the ornithological station, enjoy great views from the top of old lighthouses.
What to Expect
Nemunas is the largest river in Lithuania, which at its mouth splits in to several channels and enters Curonian Lagoon. The only inhabited island Rusnė is located in the middle of the delta. This area is a bird paradise, where you can often see sea eagle, common crane, white stork among many other species. Paddling in the protected area provides you a chance to get closer to the local wildlife.
One of Europe’s largest and oldest ornithological station is located in Ventė. The cultural heritage can be found while exploring old water pumping station (1907), lighthouses in Uostadvaris and Ventė as well as unique Mingė village. The route passes Nemunas river, several channels, Kniaupas bay and gives you an impression of paddling on open waters of Curonian Lagoon. Enjoy this tranquil paddling trip with a combination of nature areas and cultural background.
This tour is safe and suitable for beginners. Swimming skills are required and previous paddling experience is not necessary. However the supplier might change the route depending on weather conditions. The guide will take pictures during the tour and send photos to you afterwards so you don’t need to risk your camera on the water.
- English/German/Russian/Lithuanian speaking guide
- Tandem kayaks incl. all necessary equipment (paddles, dry bags, safety gear, spray skirts)
- Transfers by van from Klaipėda with hotel pick up/drop off
- Picnic lunch
- Photos taken by guide during the trip
What's Not Included
- Nature park fee
- Admission fee in Ventė bird ringing station for additional museum access (optional)
Know Before You Go
• This is an easy trip suitable for beginners
• The paddling distance is 19 km
• You’ll get instructions before the tour
• Swimming skills are required
• Please dress according to the weather conditions and use outdoor clothing incl. a rain jacket and light footwear if you have a chance
• It is recommended to take an extra set of clothes to change after the tour. You can keep them in the dry bags and kayak hatches while paddling