Discover the beautiful Killarney lake district, then see Kate Kearney's Cottage where you will travel through the Gap of Dunloe by pony and trap. Spend the day sailing, ride an authentic pony-and-trap and discover the landscape's natural beauty.
What to Expect
The Killarney was awarded the prestigious "Best Kept Town" award in 2007 in a cross-border competition jointly organized by the Department of the Environment and the Northern Ireland Amenity Council. Today, you'll discover why! On your 2-hour boat tour, you'll explore the wonderfully restored Ross Castle (15th Century) and pass through the tree lakes of Killarney.
The natural beauty all around you is worthy of 1,000 pictures, but make sure to just breathe in the fresh air as you pass by Innisfallen Island, Bricin bridge, Coleen Bawn Rock, Torc mountain, Old Weir bridge, and the Meetings of the Waters.
After riding on the boat, it's time to switch transportation modes, and head onto a pony and trap to bounce through the valley. You'll soon discover why Killarney has been home to so many castles and nobles over the years.
- Transfer to Ross Castle
- Boat Tour
- Pony and Trap
- Transfer from Kate Kearney's cottage
Know Before You Go
• The tour will run if the weather is not windy or stormy. If you're around Killarney for a few days, you can move the tour to the next available day if needed.
• Rain wear, warm clothing, and comfortable shoes are recommended
• There is a short walk from the boat to the pony and trap; there's also a brief walk during the pony and trap ride.
• Pre-booking is essential
• The tour lasts from 10:30-15:30/16:00