Those who have taken flight in a hot air balloon, you will not be able to forget the experience. A hot air balloon ride is the best way to capture panoramic views of the old town of Kaunas and and take photographs from a bird's-eye view.
What to Expect
Kaunas is the second largest city in Lithuania and a former temporary capital. It is located at the confluence of two of the largest Lithuanian rivers, the Nemunas and Neris, near the Kaunas Reservoir, the largest body of water in Lithuania.
This hot air balloon tour over Kaunas is a new and exciting way to see Kaunas Castle, the old town, Liberty Avenue, the rivers and to feel the spirit of its history and take fascinating photos.
There are several take off sites at different locations around Kaunas. The most popular points start from where you take off from Park Santaka, Pažaislis Monastery or the old airport in Aleksotas. A point will be chosen on your way to the old town of Kaunas according to the direction of the wind.
You will be picked up from any hotel in Kaunas and brought back after the flight. Flights subject to weather conditions. The morning flight takes place approximately 2-hours after sunrise and the afternoon flight 2-hours before the sunset.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- 1-hour hot air balloon flight
- Passenger retrieval and flight insurance
- Glass of Champagne
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
Know Before You Go
• Confirmation will be received at time of booking
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• Not recommended for children under 7 years-old
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Child height must be taller than 120cm
• Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• Not wheelchair accessible
• All passenger weights must be advised at time of booking
• The exact departure point and time will be known on the flight day or a day before. You should call the telephone number specified in the voucher
• Flight duration is one hour but the whole tour continues for about three hours (including the balloon preparation for flight and the return journey after the flight
• Minimum number of passengers - 3 (if you are alone, additional company can be found for you)
• Bring your passport