Spend two glorious days hiking the Wolgan Valley. Discover aboriginal art, lovely flora and fauna, and even a cave of glow worms. One of the region's best kept secrets, your packs and tent will be transported for you, giving you plenty of time to enjoy.
What to Expect
The sun rises and casts a warm glow over the valley below. You're here in Wolgan Valley, and your 2-day fully supported walk through the canyon has just begun. We'll transport your bags and make sure that you see the most of this spectacular landscape, dotted with pagoda rock formations, rich bushland and ancient aboriginal rock paintings.
During your visit, you won't have to carry any bags, as we'll transport everything for you to your campsite, giving you plenty of time to walk and enjoy your visit. Each night your tent will already be set up and we'll have a bottle of wine chilled and ready to be served with a cheese platter.
Walking the Valley is the best way to take in all of the flora and fauna as well as something truly spectacular - a tunnel filled with thousands of glow worms! You'll descend from cliff tops into the Wolgan Valley and see the historic town of Newnes before returning home.
- Classic Package:
- Fully supported walk with your overnight luggage transported to the campsite
- Accommodation is camp under the stars in walk-in tents with off the ground beds and mattress
- Campside dinner including fresh snapper
- 2 lunches
- Fresh fruit and trail mix to enjoy during your walk
- Fine wine, beer, and non-alcoholic drinks served with dinner.
- National Park fees
What's Not Included
- Donkey Mountain Extension: Subject to minimum numbers, add AUD 150 per person
- Additional overnight camping and day walk
- Group bookings can request day two to include Donkey Mountain instead of Glen Davis walk
Meeting at Katoomba Railway Station at 8.30am, for our transfer to the start of the walk.
(Open in Google Maps)
Know Before You Go
A moderate or average level of fitness is needed to complete this walk as long as you are capable of walking 4 to 5 hours a day. We'll take a pace that suits everyone, with plenty of rest stops and opportunities to take photos during each day.