See the Kailashnath Mahadev, the world's tallest statue of Lord Shiva, one of the most important gods of Hinduism. Travel to Bhaktapur in Nepal's Kaverpalanchowk district, located south-east of Kathmandu, and tour the surrounding village as well.
What to Expect
Your expert guide will meet your at your Kathmandu hotel at 10:30 and provide a briefing about the full-day tour. You’ll then head out on an hour’s drive to Bhaktapur, south-east of Kathmandu, to see the tallest and one of the most beautiful statues of Lord Shiva – the Kailashnath Mahadev.
Enjoy spectacular views of high snow-capped peaks along the way. Visit one of the holiest places in Hinduism and Buddhism, and marvel at the 143-foot high statue of Lord Shiva.
At around 14:30, your guide will take you on a sightseeing tour of the nearby village before the drive back to your hotel in Kathmandu.
- Tour guide
- Luxury vehicle
- Hotel pick up and drop off
- All entrance fees
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• surcharges may apply on weekends and holidays, and during peak season
• if cancellations are received on the day of the tour, no refund will be provided
• if cancellations are received 1 day in advance, a fee of 50 per cent of the total cost will apply
• if cancellations are received 15 days in advance, a fee of 20 per cent of the total cost will apply