Dolpo, a land beyond the Himalayas, conjures up visions of mysterious monasteries, snow leopards and blue sheep. It is situated in the western part of the country, and is one of the most remote regions in Nepal.
What to Expect
Dolpo trekking is remote hidden trekking destination in Nepal where Nepal's most tranquil and natural beauty is still unexplored. Dolpo is located inside the Shy - Phoksundo National Park of mid-western Nepal, behind the Dhaulagiri massif, towards the Tibetan Plateau.As this area has numerous mountains, the trekkers can eye feast the view of this scenic region. We have re patterned the route recently so our trekkers won’t miss out any meaningful part of this trekking area. According to the interest of our visitors and trekkers from different nations, we programmed the trek to be full of wild remoteness, the stunning mountain scenery and the life style of the local people and there innocent and friendly habits.
This area has already been trekked by the renowned personalities like Peter Matthiessen, The snow leopard and David Snellgrove, a Himalayan Pilgrimage have contributed to the mystique and attraction of Dolpo. The contribution towards this mesmerizing region by these names has given a different identification to the route where the natural beauties along this area is being highly valued. Both writers visited the Shey Gompa, to the north of the beautiful Phoksumdo Lake at inner Dolpo. Some trekkers comes here with a focus for this but Dolpo Trek have instore further more then what visitors comes with to see. This mysterious land gives all the pleasant experience along the trek route which will undoubtedly be a once a life time experience for all. We are here to help you to get connected with this beautiful region according to the duration of your holidays and interest.
Day 01:Kathmandu to Nepalgung by bus.
Day 02:Nepalganj to Juphal by flight trek to Dunai(2150m) 3-4hr.
Day 04:Dunai Trek to Sallaghari(3640m) 5-6hr.
Day 05:Sallaghari Trek to Phoksundo Lake (3730m) 4-5hr.
Day 06:Phoksundo Lake Trek to Phedi(4400m) 5-6hr.
Day 07:Phedi Trek to Base Camp (4800m) 4-5hr.
Day 08:Base Camp to Shey Gumpa via Kangla(4320m) 7-8hr.
Day 09:Rest Day
Day 10:Shey Gumpa Trek to Saltang(3170m) 3-4hr.
Day 11:Saltang Trek to Sorg(4000m) 3-4hr.
Day 12:Sorgang Trek to Yak Kharka(4740m).
Day 13:Yak Kharka Trek to Takkyu(4240m).
Day 14:Takkyu Trek to Dho(4048m).
Day 15:Dho trek to Jor Khola(3800m).
Day 16:Jor Khola Trek to Cave(3200m).
Day 17:Cave Trek to Khani goun(2550m) 5-6hr.
Day 18:Khani Goun Trek to Tara goun(2881m) 4-5hr.
Day 19:Tara Goun Trek to Juphal(2404m) 3-4hr.
Day 20:Juphal to Nepal jung.
Day 21:Drive to Kathmandu.
- 1.Airport picks up & drops by private car.
- 2.Standard hotel accommodation in Nepaljung.
- 3.Full board meal during camping, prepared by our cook with Tea & coffee.
- 4.Sharing tented accommodation and equipment during the camping trek including all the basic things.
- 5.A local government licensed English speaking Guide, a cook the required number of porters, their food,accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment.
- 6.Boiled and purify drinking water for the trek.
- 7.Special Trekking Permit US$ 500 per person per day and all local Conservations fees.
- 8.Flight fare from Kathmandu – Nepaljung – Juphal – Nepaljung - Kathmandu including airport departure taxes.
- 9.Surface Transfer to and from Kathmandu.
- 10.Down Jacket, sleeping bag and duffel bag.
- 11.First aid medical kid.
- 12.All our government taxes.
What's Not Included
- 1.Your travel insurance
- 2.Personal trekking Equipments.
- 3.Tips for trekking staff and driver-tipping are extended.
- 4.Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.