Experience a 10-day trekking tour in the Langtang Valley. This trek combines the remote and spectacular valley of Langtang, with the high mountain lakes at Gosainkund and the beautiful Helambu Valley.
What to Expect
A trek in the Langtang Valley combines the remote and spectacular valley of Langtang, with the high mountain lakes at Gosainkund. When walking along the trail of Langtang valley, you will witness scenery from one of the most unspoiled national parks in Nepal. Situated North of Kathmandu near the Tibetan border, the trail is the most easily accessible highland sanctuary from the capital, and one of the most popular trekking routes in the area.
The Langtang Valley trek route starts from lower Langtang Valley. You will travel through forests and among the villages and farmlands of Tibetan origin. Travel across remote, untamed landscape to witness views unlike any other. Amongst the rare breed of animals regularly spotted in the area, you may even come across the red panda, if you’re lucky.
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu airport
You will be met by an airport representative and transferred to your hotel by private tourist vehicle. Overnight stop at hotel.
Day 2: trip briefing, sightseeing, last minute preparation
You will meet your trekking guide, discuss the trekking program, and coordinate any last-minute arrangements. After a staff meeting with Mosaic Adventure's professional tour guide, you will visit Pashupatinath, Boudhanath Stupa, and Bhaktapur Durbar Square. The rest of the day is spent at your leisure. You can travel around Thamel or go shopping if you wish. Overnight stop at hotel.
Day 3: Drive to Sybru Bensi by bus
From Kathmandu, you will embark on a seven¬/eight hour drive to Syabru Besi. Stop overnight at a local guesthouse.
Day 4: Trek to Lama Hotel
Today, the first part of the trail crosses through Bhote Koshi and follows the Langtang Khola. This trail gradually ascents up to Bamboo, passing through Landslide. Afterwards, your trek ascends gently to Rimche through Bamboo, which lies at the bank of Langtang Khola. En route you may see red pandas, monkeys, and bears (if you are lucky). Overnight stop at a guesthouse.
Day 5: Trek to Langtang Village
From lama hotel continue on to ascend above the Langtang Khola. As the trail progresses it becomes steeper. The trail leads to a log bridge and through the lush meadows of Ghora Tabela. Further on, the route opens up into a wide valley of yak pastures and scattered Tamang villages, showcasing water-driven mills and prayer wheels. Arrive at Langtang village, the headquarters for Langtang National Park; you will spot the flat-roofed Tibetan style houses and hotels. Here you will also see cultivated lands yielding buckwheat, potatoes, wheat, turnips, and barley. Overnight stop at a guesthouse.
Day 6: Trek to Kyanjin Gompa
The trail travels through rich yak pastures and interesting traditional villages, from Muna to Singdun. You will cross a wooden cantilever bridge and reach a wide valley after climbing a moraine. Finally, you will arrive at Kyagjin Gompa to explore a small monastery and a government-operated cheese factory. Overnight stop at a guesthouse.
Day 7: Trek to Lama Hotel
Spend the morning visiting Kyangjin Gompa, and then take a route back to Lama hotel following the trail from Langtang Khola to Langtang village and on to Ghora Tabela. You will stop briefly for lunch and then continue the steep descent to Lama Hotel. Overnight stop at a guesthouse.
Day 8: Trek to Syabru Bensi
Hike back to Syabru Besi from Lama Hotel. Walk along the winding path leading to the village, which will provide you with the opportunity to get a closer look at local customs and cultures. Overnight stop a at a teahouse.
Day 9: Syabru Bensi to Kathmandu
Drive back to Kathmandu, which will takes you approximately 8 hours.
Day 10: Final departure
Transfer to the airport for final departure to your destination country.
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick-up & drop by private car/Van.
- Standard twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- All your standard meals as per itinerary during the trek. Such as breakfast, lunch and dinner).
- Tea House accommodation during the trek.
- A government licensed English speaking guide during the trek.
- A required number of porters to carry your luggage during the trek.
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine for all staff.
- Langtang National Park permits.
- Trekker’s information management system (TIMS).
- Down jacket, 4 seasonal sleeping bags by Mosaic Adventure (which needs to be returned after the trek.),
- Free hire of Mosaic adventure duffel/kit bag and T-shirt (yours to keep).
- Surface transfer from and to Kathmandu.
- Travel & Rescue arrangements.
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu.
- All our government taxes.
- Official expense.
What's Not Included
- Lunch and dinner while in cities.
- Travel & rescue insurance (recommended).
- Excess baggage charges.
- Items of a personal nature such as telephone, laundry etc.
- Beverages like alcoholic drinks, cold drinks etc.
- Personal trekking gears.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section.
- Nepal entry visa, you can obtain a visa easily upon arrival at TIA in Kathmandu.
Tribhuwan International Airport, Kathmandu, Nepal