Ghorepani to Poonhill 10-Day Trek including KathmanduProduct ID: 14204
From £643 per personBook now
- Savor the magnificent landscape of Mount Dhaulagiri, Annapurna, Machhapuchchhre and Himalchuli
- Enjoy gorgeous views of the Himalaya’s on a sunrise trek to Poon Hill
- Experience the traditional culture of the Nepalese people
- Visit the Hindu and Buddhist temples in Kathmandu
It is here you will enjoy some of the best mountain views in the region including Annapurna I (8091m), Annapurna South, Nilgiri, Tukuche Peak, Dhapus Peak, Machhapuchhre, (Fish Tail, 6993m) and more. You will also experience the unique culture and traditional lifestyle of the Gurung people, who live in the villages along the route.
On your arrival at Kathmandu Airport you will be met by your tour representative who will take you to the hotel for the night.
After breakfast you will see all the sights on a tour around Kathmandu Valley. Here you will experience a taste of the culture and tradition of Nepalese society on a visit to the local Buddhist and Hindu temples. In the afternoon you will be taken back to the hotel.
Departing from Kathmandu, the tour continues in Pokhara. Here you can take the afternoon to explore the lakeside area before returning to the hotel.
Following a 1-hour drive to Nayapul, your trek begins along the path of the river Modi Khola. You will also pass the large and prosperous town of Birethanti before reaching Tikedhunga, where you will spend the night.
You will cross Tikhedhunga and continue on to the large Magar village of Ulleri (2080m). Here the trail continues to Banthali (2250m), before you pass through the magnificent oak and rhododendron forest on the way to Nangathanti (2460m). After an hour walk uphill you will reach Ghorapani where you will spend the night.
After an early start, the trek continues up hill for an hour to Poon Hill (3210m). Arriving at sunrise, you will have magnificent views of Annapurna, Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Himchuli and Machhapuchchhre mountains. Following breakfast back at the hotel it is then time to start the trek to Gurung Hill. You will then cross the pine and rhododendron forests on the trek down to Deorali (3090m) and Banthati (2650m). Passing Banthati you will then head down to the small river and climb up the trail heading to Tadapani where you will spend the night.
The trail descends steeply through the forest to Baisi Kharka, where you will cross the stream and proceed towards the beautiful village of Ghandruk. Here you will be treated to stunning views of Annapurna South and the Annapurna Conservation Area Project before spending the night at Ghandruk.
From Ghandruk the trail descends to Chane (1690m) and to Kimchi (1640m). The trek then follows the ridge downhill to Kehone Danda and Kliu (1390m), before making a suspension bridge crossing over the Sadhu Khola River. Finally you will arrive alongside the Modi Khola, where you will reach Shauli Bazaar (1140m). Passing through the lovely birch forest you will then visit Lamakhet and Birethanti (1000m). Walking about 30 minutes the trek reaches Napa Puland and from there it is a one hour drive to Pokhara.
Today you will drive back to Kathmandu (approximately 6 hour drive).
The tour concludes with a transfer to the airport for your onward destination.
- Airport pick up and transfer by private vehicle as per the itinerary.
- Accommodation in Kathmandu at 3-4 star hotel including breakfast for twin share
- Kathmandu city tours inclusive of vehicle transfer, entrance fees & professional English speaking tour guide.
- Surface transportation to and from trekking start and end point
- Accommodation during the trek at guest houses/lodges on twin sharing, Meals (breakfast, lunch and dinner) with tea and coffee during the trek
- Highly experienced government licensed guide and necessary porters during the trek and their transportation, food, accommodation, salary, equipments and insurance
- Trekker's Information Management System (TIMS)
- Annapurna Conservation Area Entrance Permit and fees
- First aid medical kit
- Duffle bag
- Government taxes
- Service charge
- Any meals other than breakfast in Kathmandu and Pokhara
- International airfares
- Rescue and travel insurance, trip cancellation costs, accident or health emergency, evacuation, loss, theft or damage to baggage and personal effects. We strongly advise you to take out personal travel insurance.
- Items of a personal nature
- Any kind of alcoholic drinks, hot water, hot shower, cold drinks, laundry, phone call, and internet
- Tips and gratuities
On your arrival at Kathmandu Airport you will be met by our representative who will take you to the hotel for the night and after finish the tour, we will take you to the airport for your next flight. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 14204