From Kathmandu: 7-Day Lhasa Exploration TourProduct ID: 19525
From £1,547.35 per personBook now
- Enjoy a Trans Himalayan Flight between Kathmandu and Lhasa, over Everest and Kanchenjunga
- Experience the culture and traditions in the heart of Tibet
- Visit the sights in Lhasa, including the Sera Monastery, Norbulingka, and Jokhang Temple
- Explore the streets of Lhasa and visit Barkhor Markets
- Visit Potala Palace and Drepung Monastery
- Discover Ganden Monastery and visit Drayer Pa Cave
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Arrive at Kathmandu International Airport where you will be warmly welcomed by the tour representative and will check-in to the hotel. The rest of the day is free to explore this historic and vibrant city.
Day 2: Kathmandu – Lhasa
From Kathmandu International Airport you will take a 1 hour and 10 minute Trans Himalayan Flight to Gonggar Airport, considered one of the most beautiful flights in the world over Mount Everest (8848m) and Kanchenjunga (8536m). Those who wish to join in Lhasa can arrive on the date mentioned and meet the Tibetan guide at the airport. You will take a 1.5-hour drive along the road leading to Lhasa, where you can relax for the remainder of the day.
Day 3: Sightseeing in Lhasa
The tour begins with a visit to the Sera Monastery, where an experienced tour guide will escort you round this preserved monastery of white-washed walls and golden roofs. You will then move on to see Norbulingka, the summer palace of the Dalai Lama, and the Jokhang Temple, an important sacred site of Tibetan Buddhism. You will also visit Barkhor Markets and roam around the city, where you will see stall sellers and experience the Tibetan culture, customs, and traditions. The tour concludes as you return to the comfort of the hotel.
Day 4: Sightseeing in Lhasa
You will visit the 17th century Potala Palace, where you can enjoy the awesome views of the entire city, and visit the private quarters of the Dalai Lama, the numerous grand state rooms, and chapels. You will also visit Drepung Monastery, which was built in the 14th century for 10,000 monks. Here you will experience a place that is important for Tibetans’ respect and beliefs.
Day 5: Ganden Monastery and Drayer Pa Cave
You will be driven to Ganden Monastery where you can admire the extremely delicate and fine murals and sculptures, as well as a decorated armor of Emperor Qianlong. In the afternoon you will drive to Drayer Pa Cave to visit local Lama in the caves. You will spend 1.5 hours visiting some of the 30 caves and enjoying the beautiful views from the valley. In the evening you will head back to Lhasa.
Day 6: Lhasa – Kathmandu
You will take a last memorable look at the Potala Palace before being transported to the airport for the flight back to Kathmandu.
Meals: Breakfast, Dinner
Day 7: Kathmandu
On the final day you will fly back home or extend your holiday in Nepal. If you prefer to stay longer, you can consult the tour operator for short tours.
- All domestic flights and hotel/airport transfer by private vehicles
- Hotel Encounter in Kathmandu or similar standard hotel as per itinerary with breakfast
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- All costs including salary, insurance, equipment, flight, food, and lodging for the guides and porters
- Tibet entry permission, Chinese visa, and monastery entry fees
- All necessary paper work and permits
- A comprehensive medical kit
- All government and local taxes
- Nepal entry visa fees
- International airfare and airport departure tax
- Bar bills and laundry
- Travel insurance including evacuation
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu except welcome and farewell meals
- All optional additional tours or activities on your extended holidays
- Tips for local staff, guides, and porters
- All other expenses that are not mentioned in the inclusions
Arrive at Kathmandu International Airport where you will be warmly welcomed by the tour representative. Our driver will be waiting with your name on it. Please check carefully once you exit the baggage hall as there seem to be hundreds of people waiting outside in the arrival area. (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 19525