3-Day Wildlife Safari TourProduct ID: 21119
From £216 per personBook now
- Elephant Safari, Elephant Breeding center visit, Jungle Walk, Nature walk, Bird watching, Crocodile farm visit, Canoe ride, Tharu culture show
- Away from the noise and distractions of city life, there is unbelievable peace in the middle of a jungle listening to bird calls and animal sounds.
- More than 450 species birds are found in the park, among them are peacocks, woodpeckers, hornbills, bengal florican and redheaded trogons.
- We provide trained naturalists & jungle guides in all jungle tours, who manage and will escort you on these tours.
Elephant Back Safari
Elephant back safari—which is almost synonymous of CNP— is the most popular and adventurous way to encounter with the scores of wild animals including rare one-horned rhinos and to elusive Royal Bengal Tigers as well as hundreds of species of birds and number of reptiles. The experienced Mahouts take you deep into the forest to ensure more sights of animals at closest possible distance to make your trips more enjoyable and meaningful.
Those visitors who do not want to ride the mighty tuskers can enjoy jungle safari in CNP by hoodless jeeps. Through the open jeeps, visitors can catch glimpses of rare wild flora and fauna in their natural habitats. Jeep drive will also take you to ‘Gharial Crocodile Breeding Centre’ at Kasara of CNP’s headquarters, where you can observe breeding activities of Gharial, Marsh Magar and tortoises alike.
Visit Elephant Breeding Centre
Of the two elephant-breeding centers that exist in the world one lies in the Chitwan National Park. In Nepal the elephant is fast becoming one of the most endangered animals and the centre was established to increase its numbers. You will have an opportunity to visit the breeding centre. Learn about the efforts to increase the pachyderm population and get to see several cow elephants and their calves.
Jungle Walk and Bird Watching
If experiencing the wild plains of Nepal and bird watching interests you, we suggested that you take a Jungle walk with our naturalist. This walk provides you with the ideal situation of viewing the wild animals very close. Bird Watching is always best on foot. Our specialists will help you spot identify the different varieties of birds, both local and migratory, that are found in Nepal.
A slow canoe ride on the gentle rivers of the lower Nepal plains is an experience that is surpassed in few countries of the world. At Jungle Safari Lodge, we put you in an authentic hard carved Nepali dugout. Not only is the Canoe Ride the best way to view the riverside scenery, the ride is best for the sighting of crocodile and other aquatic creatures.
The jungle Scenery, birds and animals alone do not make up the unique features of Chitwan National Park. The indigenous local people, the Tharus, are also of immense interest. A professional guide/expert naturalist will accompany you through the area and help you gather insights into the Tharu way of life.
A cultural program performed by the Thaus will be another highlight of your visit to the Jungle Safari Lodge. The Tharus in colourful traditional costumes, unique in their disparity with the common mode of dress all over Nepal, are sure to captivate you.
Another thrilling experience for you in Sauraha will be the bathing and swimming with Elephants in Rapti River. You can enjoy with playful elephants in deep water of Rapti rivers where you can also have opportunity for dipping and diving as per your wish.
Day 1: On Your arrival at Chitwan Sauraha Bus park our staff will receive you. You will then be transferred to our Lodge where you will be offered refreshment & be given a briefing on our lodge & its facilities. After being given your programmes for the day, your room will then be allocated to you.
15.00: Village tour to a nearby ethnic Tharu village where you will learn more about the life and lifestyle of the Tharus. Visit to the National Park Visitor’s centre where you can learn more about the history of the National Park and about wildlife & Sun set view from the bank of Rapti River.
19.00: Tharu cultural dance presentation (which you will also participate in) by the local villagers or Slide show presentation on almost everything under the Chitwan.
06.00: Wake up call.
07.00: Canoe ride along the Rapti River. An excellent opportunity for Bird Watching and for seeing the 2 rare species of crocodiles; the Marsh Mugger and the fish eating Gharial. + Jungle Walk + on the way back one can enjoy the elephant bathing.
15.00: Elephant Safari. An excellent opportunity to see four different kinds of deer, rhinoceros, wild boar, monkey, leopard, sloth bear and the Royal Bengal Tiger (If you are lucky). You will also encounter many other smaller mammals that have made Chitwan their home.
19.00: Tharu cultural dance presentation or Slides show presentation.
06.00: Wake up call.
07.00: Visit to the Government Elephant Breeding Centre.
10.00: Departure for onward journey.
- All the meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Two-night accommodation (Outside National Park)
- Activities i.e. Slide Show, Elephant Ride, Jungle Walk, Canoe Ride, Visit to Elephant Breeding center, Bird Watching, Village Tour and Tharu Cultural Program
- Tourist Bus Tickets (Kathmandu - Chitwan - Kathmandu / Pokhara)
- Jungle safari guide during the trip
- Taxes, Tourist service charge, staffs insurance, national park and conservation area fees
- International Airfares and airport departure taxes as applicable.
- The cost of personal items like laundry & all kind of soft & hard drinks
- Optional excursions
- Cost of visas, travel insurance
- Gratuities for services provided on a personal basis
- The single supplement payable on all bookings where only one person is traveling
- All others except committed to provide in cost included section above.
We are happy to provide service voucher and bus ticket at your accommodate hotels. (Open in Google Maps)
- Surcharges on Week-ends, Holidays & Peak season may Apply.
- Cancellations received same day - No refund will apply.
- 1 Day earlier to trip start – 50% of total amount will apply.
- 15 Days earlier - 20% of total amount will apply.
Product ID: 21119