Enjoy 2 days exploring Kathmandu's surrounding. At this small, cozy retreat with bird’s eye view of green terrace fields doted with ochre painted houses and faint hue of Himalayan peaks in the north horizon.
What to Expect
Balthali Village Resort – a small, cozy retreat with bird’s eye view of green terrace fields doted with ochre painted houses and faint hue of Himalayan peaks in the north horizon.
Bathali treks take you through Kathmandu valley and are ideal for families or those wanting a soft multi-day hike. You start and end in Kathmandu, meandering past Buddhist temples and rural hamlets including the lovely Bathali village, which sits on a plateau amid terraced rice fields and dusty red coloured thatched farmhouses. In between, glimpses of the snowy Himalayan peaks and swathes of bright-green forest greet you. Overall, this is a relaxing area to trek and remains relatively uncrowded compared to more popular routes in Nepal. Treks take anywhere between three to six days and can be done year-round, but avoid rainy July and August and hyper-cold December through January.
Day 1: Early morning pickup from customer hotel and drive to Khopasi (36 KM from Kathmandu). Then walk for 30 to 45 min to reach Balthali Village Resort. During the walk you will get a chance to see one of the oldest Hydroelectricity projects of Nepal. Then pass through a holy men village and a terrace fields. On reaching Balthali Village Resort, welcome drinks will be served with a light snacks. In the evening camp firing with snacks and local wine made by the villagers Typical Nepali dinner (Dhindo or Rice) with a local chicken from the village. Overnight at resort.
Day 2: Early morning view of a Sunrise. Breakfast at the resort garden. Then hike towards a joint river where you will see a water mill and Ladkeshwor Temple situated inside the cave. Then walk forward to Nepane Village (Typical Tamang Village), after exploring the lifestyle of a typical Tamang community, move down to Ladku River and then back to the resort. Lunch at the resort then return towards Khopasi crossing a suspension bridge and drive back to Kathmandu, transfer to customer hotel.
- All the meals (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner)
- Expert Guide
What's Not Included
- International Airfares and airport departure taxes as applicable.
- The cost of personal items like laundry & all kind of soft & hard drinks
- Optional excursions
- Cost of visas, travel insurance
- Drinks and Tips
- Gratuities for services provided on a personal basis
- The single supplement payable on all bookings where only one person is traveling
- All others except committed to provide in cost included section above.
Know Before You Go
- Cancellations received same day - No refund will apply.
- 1 Day earlier to trip start – 50% of total amount will apply.
- 15 Days earlier - 20% of total amount will apply.