Discover Nepal in a week! Experience its rich culture with visits to Katmandu: the city of glory, Buddhist temples and stupas, the birthplace of Buddha, and explore its breathtaking nature and wildlife.
What to Expect
Embark on an adventure tour to Nepal and discover its historic and nature highlights in a week. Explore the vibrant city of Katmandu and visit the historic Durbar Square, the epicenter of religious and cultural life.
Marvel at Kumari Ghar, home to the Living Goddess, amongst many other sites and temples on your second day and gaze at the massive structure of the Boudhanath stupa watching over mankind’s righteous behavior and prosperity.
Fly to Pokhara on your third day and venture along the Seti River and Davi’s Falls, followed by a early hike the next day to watch the sunrise over Annapurna.
Visit the birthplace of Buddha at Lumbini and spot wild elephants, monkeys, and leopards amongst many other animals at Chitwan National Park.
Day 1 Arrival Katmandu (1300m/4265ft)
Spend your first day exploring the vibrant city of Katmandu, Nepal’s historic capital, after being picked up at Katmandu International Airport and checking into your hotel. Enjoy a relaxed welcome dinner in the evening.
Day 2 Katmandu
Embark on a full-day sightseeing tour of Katmandu, the ‘city of glory.’ Visit the historical Durbar (Palace) Square and marvel at the square’s old temples and glorious Newari architecture. Continue your journey towards the Hindu Pashupatinath Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva. Gaze in ore at this massive temple complex sitting alongside the banks of the holy Bagmati River. End the day with a visit to one of the largest Buddhist Stupas in the world: Boudhanath.
Day 3 Fly to Pokhara(884m/2900ft)
Take to the air with a 25-minute scenic flight to Pokhara. See the deep, narrow gorge of the roaring Seti River and venture to Davi’s Falls, Gupteswar Cave, and Bat Cave. Take a leisurely row on the sparkling waters of Phewa Lake in the evening to unwind.
Day 4 Drive to Lumbini
Hike up to Sarangkot viewpoint early at dawn to witness the sun rising over the Annapurna mountain range, turning the white peaks of the mountains to gold. Then drive to Lumbini, the birthplace of Buddha. Visit its spiritual heart: the Maya Devi Temple where Buddha was born under a Bodhi tree, and other stunning sites.
Day 5 Drive to Chitwan
Spend your day spotting rhinos, monkeys, leopards, wild elephants, Royal Bengali Tigers and more at Chitwan National Park, an enlisted World Hertiage Site and one of the most famous national wildlife viewing parks in Asia.
Day 6 Chitwan
Choose to either head deep into the jungle on a safari, by jeep or on foot, and discover Nepal’s wildlife and rare species of flora and fauna, or take a more relaxing canoeing trip to the Rapti or Narayani Rivers. Optionally ride to either river on the back of an elephant, and go on to explore the surrounding Tharu villages.
Day 7 Drive back to Kathmandu
Head back to Katmandu and recap your one-week adventure during a celebratory farewell dinner.
- Pick-up & drop-off service between airport and your hotel in private car/van
- 2 nights in a hotel in Kathmandu including breakfast
- 1 night in a hotel in Pokhara including breakfast
- 2 nights in a hotel in Chitwan including breakfast
- 1 night in a hotel in Lumbini including breakfast
- Transportation as specified in private car/van
- Meals, accommodation, and activities in Chitwan
- Welcome and farewell meals and breakfasts
- Airfare from Kathmandu to Pokhara incl. departure tax
- ACH Kitbag and T- shirt for you
What's Not Included
- Nepal visa fees
- International airfare incl. departure tax
- Personal expenses i.e. laundry, alcoholic drinks, and telephone
- Travel insurance including evacuation
- Lunch and dinners, apart from the welcome and farewell meals
- Tips for local staff, guides and porters
Know Before You Go
• Travel insurance is compulsory in order to participate on any of our trips. When traveling on a group trip, you will not be permitted to join the group until evidence of travel insurance is provided to us up on arrival. Travel insurance must cover medical, emergency evacuation, and full trip cancellation. We strongly recommend that the policy also cover personal liability, cancellation, curtailment and loss of luggage and personal effects.
• We reserve the right to change itinerary at any time without any pre-consultation with clients. Travel can be unpredictable, as we never know exactly where our journey will take us due to varying levels of ability and physical fitness, as well as the regions we visit. Additionally, any travel times listed are approximations only and subject to vary due to local circumstances.