Kamakura, located by the sea and surrounded by mountains, was the site of the first Japanese samurai administration. This walking tour follows a hiking route from Kita-Kamakura to Hase-dera Temple, passing many historic temples and shrines.
What to Expect
Visit Kamakura, a resort town that boasts dozens of Buddhist temples and Shinto shrines. It was the center of political life in medieval Japan and today is a popular destination for visitors from around the world.
The site of the first samurai administration in Japan, it was known as the Kamakura shogunate. Just an hour by train from Tokyo, Kamakura’s seaside location is surrounded by mountains.
On this 5-hour guided walking tour you’ll be able to enjoy some wonderful panoramas from a hiking trail that offers views in all directions.
The hiking route will take you from Kita-Kamakura to Hase-dera Temple, where you can experience the area’s history and culture in beautiful natural surroundings.
- Professional guide
- Walking tour
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Public transportation
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Entrance fees
Know Before You Go
• Note that the tour is not wheelchair accessible
• A moderate amount of walking is involved
• The activity is not recommended for pregnant women or anyone with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions
• Please add ¥3,000 per group to the tour price for hotel pick-up
• Be sure to wear shoes that are comfortable as you will be walking on mountain paths