Experience the glacial landscapes of Iceland up close on a jeep tour to the natural ice cave of Vatnajökull Glacier. Marvel at the ice formations in a cave inside the largest glacier in Europe.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Next to the cafeteria at the ticket office of Jökulsarlon Glacier Lagoon, Jökulsárlón, 781 Höfn í Hornafirði.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Hiking shoes
- Warm clothing
- Oversize luggage
- Open-toed shoes
- High-heeled shoes
Know before you go
- Keep in mind that the glacier changes constantly and therefore so do the ice caves. The activity provider promises to take you to the best cave of the season but due to the changes in the glacier, the ice caves might not look exactly as the pictures taken months/years before.
- It is recommended to wear warm, preferably waterproof clothing and comfortable walking boots. We need to walk from the parking to the glacier and cave entrance (1,5 km each way).
- There is a minimum age of 7 years old
- The tour will be in English