Experience South Africa's most famous attractions on a unique safari: See Kruger National Park, Panoramic Tour (Blyde River Canyon), Swaziland, Zululand, Wild Coast, Drakensberg, Garden Route, Knysna, Hermanus and Cape Town.
What to Expect
Experience South Africa's most famous attractions on a unique safari: Kruger National Park, Panoramic Tour (Blyde River Canyon), Swaziland, Zululand, Wild Coast, Drakensberg, Garden Route, Knysna, Hermanus and Cape Town. Stay in 4-star B&Bs and lodges. This safari begins at the airport in Johannesburg and ends at the airport in Cape Town. Departure from Cape Town is available upon request.
Day 1: Arrival in Johannesburg
Pick up rental car at the airport. Drive approximately 4.5 hours to 4-star lodge in Kruger National Park (B&B).
Day 2: Kruger National Park
Entrance and exit to Kruger National Park in the south over the Crocodile Bridge, game drive, lunch in one of the open camps (B&B).
Day 3: Kruger National Park
Entry to Kruger National Park over the Malelane Bridge, drive to Hazyview to the 3-star lodge (B&B), game drive, lunch in an open camp, drive to the lodge.
Day 4: Panorama tour
Drive to Blyde River Canyon (B&B). See 3 rondavels (traditional huts), Pilgrim's Rest and God's Window.
Day 5 & 6: Swaziland, Zululand
Drive to Swaziland (180 km), stay in a 3-star lodge (B&B), take a battle field tour, hiking, wildlife watching.
Day 7: Drakensberg
Drive 300 km to 3-star lodge (B&B). Enjoy hiking, riding, trout fishing and wildlife watching.
Day 8 - 11: Wild Coast
Wailana Beach ride to the Wild Coast (370 km). Stay in a 3-star lodge (B&B). Highlights include: swimming, diving, snorkeling and kayaking.
Day 12: Drive 560 km to King Williamstown to a 3-star guest house (B&B).
Day 13 - 15: Drive to Addo Elephant Park. Stay in chalets on a working farm (B&B).
Day 16 - 17: Drive to Knysna to a 4-star guest house (B&B). Highlights: Oyster tasting, nature hike, Tsitsikamma Forest and the world's highest bungee jump.
Day 17: Drive to Hermanus (460 km) or Cape Aghulas.
Stay in a 3-star lodge, B&B. Enjoy wildlife watching (September to November) or Cango Caves by Outshoorn or travel directly to Cape Town.
Day 18 - 20: Drive to Cape Town (120 km). Stay in a 4-star B&B. Return the rental car at airport. Highlights from days 18 - 20 include: Cape Town city tour, Cape of Good Hope, Table Mountain, wine tour, Hour Bay.
Whole tour: approximately 3200 km.
- Overnight stays with breakfast
- Rental Toyota Corolla or similar, including manual, unlimited mileage, Collision Damage Waiver (CDW), Tourism Levy, Personal Accident Insurance (PAI), comprehensive risk insurance, theft insurance (TLW), protection against gravel, tire damage, brake damage, water damage, and chassis damage
- 3 dinners
- Itinerary with maps and destination coordinates
- Access to route plans and excursions on Google Maps
What's Not Included
- Tourist, park, and road fees
Know Before You Go
• Please note: The safari begins in Johannesburg and ends in Cape Town. Departure from Cape Town available upon request
• A minimum of 2 participants are necessary for the tour
• Accommodation is in 3/4-star lodges and B&Bs
• Cancellation up to 31 days before the tour is free of charge; up to 15 days before the tour incurs a 50% cancellation fee