Known as the Venice of China, Zhou Zhuang is a picturesque water village dating from the Ming and Qing dynasties. On this half-day tour you’ll visit the residences of Zhang Hall and Shen Hall, and take a boat ride through the old town.
What to Expect
Explore the picturesque water village of Zhou Zhuang on a half-day tour. Its interconnected waterways and scenic environment have led to the town being known as the No. 1 Water Village in China.
Zhou Zhuang is well known for its dreamy landscapes and simple architecture styles, with buildings still standing after more than 900 years. The majority of the town's residences were built in the Ming and Qing dynasties and nearly 100 traditional courtyards and 60 carved-brick archways remain in use.
Visit the old residences of Zhang Hall and Shen Hall, then take a boat ride across the old town.
Zhang Hall is located south of the double bridge. It was built in the 15th century during the Ming Dynasty. Shen Hall was built 3 centuries later, in the early Qing Dynasty. It is located at the south-east side of Fu’an Bridge. The house was the private property of the first millionaire to live south of the Yantze River.
- Pick-up and drop-off for hotels in downtown Zhou Zhuang
- Sightseeing programs
- English-speaking tour guide
- Boat ride on the waterways
- Entrance fees to scenic attractions as indicated in the description
- Parking fees and tolls where applicable
What's Not Included
- Flight/train ticket
- Travel insurance
- Hotel accommodation
- Services not mentioned in the description
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities
- Gratuities for the tour guide, driver, hotel bellboy
Know Before You Go
Prices are quoted in USD per adult. The price for a child is 80 per cent of the adult price. Prices are for references only and may vary according to your travel date and group size.
Tour duration: approximately 5 hours 30 minutes
Departure date: Daily
Tour starts: 14:00