Known as "the Venice of the East," Su Zhou is sure to enchant. Visit the Master of Nets Garden, the Panmen Ancient City Wall, the Grand Canal and a silk factory, all within a landscape worthy of an ancient Chinese watercolor.
What to Expect
Explore 2 of China’s most ancient and picturesque towns, Su Zhou and Zhou Zhuang, each with its distinctive landscape and unique history. Founded nearly 2,600 years ago, Su Zhou is one of the oldest towns in the Yangtze basin. With its interconnected waterways and beautiful environment, the city is often referred to as "The Venice of the East."
Su Zhou was one of the few cities in China to have escaped the ravages of the Cultural Revolution leaving its famous gardens almost entirely intact. Your tour will include visits to the Master of Nets Garden, Panmen Ancient City Wall, Grand Canal and Silk Factory.
After lunch, travel to Zhou Zhuang, well known for its dreamy landscape and simple architectures, beautifully preserved for over 900 years. The majority of the town's residences were built in the Ming and Qing dynasties, and nearly 100 traditional courtyards and 60 carved-brick archways are still in use.
Take a boat ride in conjunction with your tour of the old residence in the old town. Return transfers will be provided after sightseeing.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off, sightseeing program
- Meals as indicated in the itinerary
- Local English-speaking tour guide for pick-up, drop-off and sightseeing
- Entrance fees to scenic spots as indicated in the itinerary
- Parking fee & toll fees wherever applicable
What's Not Included
- Hotel accommodation
- Airline/train ticket
- Personal expenses such as laundry, drinks, fax, telephone calls, optional activities, etc
- Gratuities to the tour guide, driver, hotel bellboy
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Travelers' insurance
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Price for child is 80% of adult price.
• Prices are for references only and may vary according to your travel date and group size.