Your admission to the Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art includes a visit to the training sessions in the indoor arena and the school facilities. See the saddlery, state rooms, carriage museum, and enjoy a guided tour of the stables and tack room.
What to Expect
With your admission ticket you’ll enter the Royal Andalusian School of Equestrian Art at the visitor reception center, where you’ll enjoy an audio-visual presentation on the history of equestrian art in Andalusia (available until 11:00).
The reception area leads into the gardens that feature a variety of exotic plants. Note the great fountain which adorns the center of the gardens and whose water jets invite visitors to enter further into the grounds of the Royal School.
Across the fountain, the palace rises majestically above the gardens. It is a beautiful example of 19th-century architecture, designed by Charles Garnier. On the ground floor you can admire the state rooms, decorated as they were originally conceived. In the basement you’ll find the Museum of Equestrian Art, which comprises 11 rooms dedicated to the origins and history of equestrian art and the horse in Andalusia.
Afterwards, you’ll see where the harnesses are made and repaired. This laborious work is carried out in the saddlery by the master harness maker and his apprentices.
Watch the training that takes place in the outdoor exercise rings, and see the indoor arena, a building designed in authentic Andalusian style. With a capacity for 1,600 people, this is the ideal place to watch the daily training of horses and riders.
In the stables, an octagonal complex, you’ll see the school’s most emblematic horses. In the center of the stables is the tack room, where all the harnesses used for daily training and for shows are kept.
A visit to the carriage museum marks the end of your visit. Admire the vehicles, horses, harnesses, and equestrian costumes in the museum’s collection.
- Full admission to the training area and school facilities
This activity is non-refundable
Avenida Duque de Abrantes, s/n
Know Before You Go
• It is essential to present your printed receipt at the ticket office
• Proof of eligibility must be shown at the ticket office when collecting tickets purchased at discount prices
• If no documentary proof is shown the purchaser must pay the difference corresponding to the full standard ticket price, when tickets are available
• You are not allowed to film, record, or take any photographs unless you are an authorized professional, nor enter the grounds with any bottles, cans, animals, or any objects which the management may consider unsuitable
• The management reserves the right to alter or change the program