Set off on a wild Wyoming winter adventure and explore country the public does not access. Enjoy warm drinks and snacks at a remote, historic trapper's cabin in the midst of the forest. Witness a remote setting blanketed in peaceful snow-covered beauty.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Ride a snowmobile through a variety of terrain to remote areas not accessible to the general public
- Witness back-country Wyoming in it's white wonderland splendor
- Visit a remote and historic trapper's cabin deep in the National Forest
- Take a break at the cabin for warm drinks and snacks, and feed the wild birds out of your hands
- See the tracks or get a glimpse of a variety of forest inhabitants, from moose and ermine to foxes and wolves
- Snowmobile suits, boots, and helmets
- Operating instructions
- Food and drinks
- Forest Service fees
- Transportation to/from the meeting location in Bondurant, WY
- Sunglasses, goggles, gloves, scarves/neck warmers, and hats
- Children under 5 years
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Please meet at The Elk Horn Bar and Trading Post, 14523 US-191/189, Bondurant, WY. It is on the west side of the Rt 191/189, between mile markers 145 & 144. Allow about 1-1.25 hours to travel from Jackson, WY depending on road conditions.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Thermal clothing
Know before you go
- Drivers must be at least 16 years old with a valid driver's license. Child passengers must be at least 5 years old.
- This experience requires a minimum of 2 drivers. If the minimum number isn't met, you’ll be offered a different date, or a full refund.
- Due to COVID-19 preventative measures, it is recommended to come wearing your own gear and not to borrow any.
- Upon booking, you will receive confirmation and written directions
- The entire adventure lasts roughly 3.5–4 hours, with the driving time between 2–3 hours, depending on your group's skills and road conditions
- This tour does require some physical ability, but is not strenuous.
- In the interest of safety and comfort, your tour might be rescheduled or canceled due to inclement weather
- A basic level of English is required to understand simple instructions from the guides
- There is an outside toilet at the cabin site