Private-Guided Half-Day Izmir Shore Excursion Tour
From £268 Per group up to 11Book now
Pick-up serviceHotel: If a hotel pickup and drop off has been organized with Archaeologous, yourguide will meet your private party in the "FRONT EXIT DOOR OF THE LOBBY OF YOUR HOTEL". Look for a representative holding a placard with your name. Please have your voucher/confirmation letter available to compare with the copy your guide will have, for ease of Identification. Please, also stay with your group.
- Get an overview of 5,000 years of history in this legendary location on this 4-hour private guided tour
- Visit the monument to Ataturk, the Father of Modern Turkey, as well as the Izmir Clock Tower
- Enjoy great shopping in the Kemeralti Bazaar... remember to try the Turkish coffee!
- At the Izmir Museum, view a superb collection of antiquities from the legendary cities of Ephesus, Pergamon, Miletus
- Discover the lost Turkish crafts of saddle, copper, leather and glass making at the Ethnographical Museum
- Tour the Kadifekale Castle and marvel at its 5 towers and walls. Your private guide is a big help in understanding the highlights.
- Enjoy your day tour with dependable driver, licensed guide, A/C/ vehicle and our professional know-how
Continuing to the Ethnographical Museum, you will see the lost manual crafts of Ottoman life in the 1800’s. Learn about the production of leather, glass, and copper. Then view the Clock Tower and the Ataturk Monument learning about the "hero" that brought Turkey into the modern world.
From the Kadifekale Castle on Pagos Hill, you will enjoy a panoramic view of the city. Translated literally as "the velvet castle," this site was once home to Alexander the Great. Conclude your day by shopping for real Turkish treasures at the renowned Kemeralti Bazaar.
- Licensed guide
- New air-conditioned vehicles
- Dependable driver
- Local postcard
- Entrance fees:
- Izmir Archaeological Museum and and Ethnographical Museum cost EUR 3.5 for guests aged 12 and up
From cruise ship PORT: Your Archaeologous representative/guide will meet you at the"OUTSIDE the CUSTOMS BUILDING EXIT DOOR". He/She will be holding a placard with your name. Please have your voucher/confirmation letter available to compare with the copy your guide will have, for ease of Identification. Please, also stay with your group.
So that you don't lose one minute of tour time, have exact total of all the entrance fees ready and given to one person to pay your guide.
Arch Museum combined with Ethnological Museum- 0-12 yrs free-13 & up 3.50 E
In summer you will appreciate a hat, dark glasses, sunscreen, water and comforable shoes are always a smart choice. Bring lots of film.
Product ID: 18378