Step back in time to the golden age of the Ottoman Empire at the monumental Topkapi Palace and Sultan tombs. These iconic Istanbul landmarks show off the very finest Islamic art and a host of priceless religious artifacts.
What to Expect
Topkapi Palace is one of Istanbul's most iconic landmarks and art and history buffs simply cannot miss it.
Inside the palace, this tour covers the spectacular art produced by centuries of Ottoman rule - the exuberant mosaic tiling and caligraphy sections are particularly eye-catching. There are tons of imperial treasures and even priceless religious relics from the Prophet Mohammed.
You'll also visit the Sultan Tombs of the Hagia Sophia, where 5 Sultans are buried. The ceramic panels are the most beautiful examples of 16th-century Ottoman decoration, with purple, red, green, and blue flower motifs, and are truly a joy to see.
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Museum entrance fees
- Pick-up service from centrally located Istanbul hotels
Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
Sultanahmet Square, in front of St. Sophia
Know Before You Go
Topkapi Palace is closed on Tuesdays. On Tuesdays, instead of Topkapi Palace, you'll visit Patriarchate at Fener, the Church of Panagia of Blachernae, St. Savior in Chora, Anemas Dungeons, the outside of Tekfur Palace, and the Byzantine City Walls.
• After booking, you need to call the local supplier in order to learn exact time and free shuttle availability.
• Pick-up is only available for centrally located Istanbul hotels.
• Free shuttle pick-up is offered between 13:00 and 14:00 (depending on the location of your hotel), and takes 45 to 60 minutes.