Spend a day in Istanbul on a private sightseeing tour. Learn about the culture and history of this ancient city and enjoy a cruise on the Bosphorus. Visit centuries-old mosques and the covered spice market, and see the Golden Horn from Pierre Loti Hill.
What to Expect
During your full-day tour in Istanbul you’ll see many of this fascinating city’s top sights, from the land and the water.
Start out at the Suleymaniye Mosque, dating from the middle of the 16th century and then take in the city walls, which are among the most fascinating Byzantine remains in Turkey.
Visit the Chora Church, with its stunning mosaics. Head up Pierre Loti Hill for spectacular views of the Golden Horn. Take a cruise on the Bosphorus, and see some of the renowned wooden houses along the shores. You’ll also see the Rumeli Fortress from the sea.
After the cruise your guide will take you to visit the Spice Bazaar. This famous, covered bazaar is busy at all hours of the day.
Your final stop on the tour is the Rustempasa Mosque, also dating from the 16th century. It was built by one of the Grand Viziers of the Ottoman Empire who was married to the daughter of Suleyman the Magnificent.
- Licensed professional English-speaking guide (or other preferred language)
- Air-conditioned luxury vehicle with a professional driver
- Pick-up and drop off service
- Entrance fees to museums and sites mentioned in the description
What's Not Included
- Items of a personal nature
- Any items not specifically mentioned as included
- Gratuities for the guide and driver
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
Be sure to wear comfortable walking shoes and bring a hat and a camera.