Go to all of the major sites in Istanbul on a private, full-day tour. Admire the Hagia Sophia and the Blue Mosque, see Topkapi Palace and learn about the Ottoman Empire, spend time exploring the Hippodrome, and do some shopping at the Grand Bazaar.
What to Expect
Discover the highlights of Istanbul on a private full-day tour that takes in the major attractions.
Begin with a walk through the lively streets of Turkey's largest city to visit the dramatic former basilica of the Hagia Sophia; a great architectural beauty and an important monument during the Byzantine and Ottoman Empires.
Move on to the Blue Mosque, officially known as the Sultanahmet Mosque. It is the mosque's striking blue tiles that give it its more common name and make it one of Istanbul's most iconic attractions.
Continue to Topkapi Palace, a relic of the glory days of the great Ottoman Empire. You will also visit the Hippodrome, the former circus built in 203 A.D. by the Roman Emperor Septimus Severus. See the Egyptian Obelisk, the Serpentine Column, and the Constantine Column. You'll also get to check out the gazebo-like German Fountain of Wilhelm II, made from 8 marble columns.
Finally, stop at the Grand Bazaar; one of the largest and oldest covered markets in the world, with hundreds of small handcraft shops selling everything from handmade carpets to Turkish coffee.
- Fully-guided day tour
- Professional guide licensed by the Ministry of Tourism
- All entrance fees mentioned in the itinerary
- Air-conditioned VIP Mercedes van
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please note, Hagia Sophia is closed on Monday and Topkapi palace is closed on Tuesday. When closed, these places will be replaced with Yerebatan underground basilica cistern
• Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays and will be replaced with spice bazaar