Learn about Istanbul's most important historical events during this tour which includes the Fall of Constantinople (1453), Istanbul before and after the Ottomans and much more.
What to Expect
Learn about the Fall of Constantinople (1453) and Istanbul before and after the Ottomans through entertaining stories. You will also learn about how the Hagia Sophia changed from a church to mosque then a museum, the Basilica Cistern, the most important Ottoman Palace (Topkapı Palace) and Galata Tower. On this tour, experience both old Constantinople and new Istanbul while tasting traditional Turkish and Ottoman foods.
What you'll discover:
- historical face of Istanbul
- secrets of Hagia Sophia
- how the Ottoman Emperors lived in their palace
- Ottoman Emperor's private lives & secrets of the harem
- fourth largest diamond in the world Spoonmaker's Diamond (86 Carats) discovered underground in Old Istanbul (Basilica Cistern)
- top of the Galata Tower
- Entrance to museums and historical places
- Food & drink
- Local guide (professional gourmet & historical guide Mr. Emre Şenkal)
Know Before You Go
• Please make known any dietary requirements (vegetarian, vegan etc.) or food allergies
• Sports or casual shoes recommended