Discover Byzantine art and Christian relics on a 4-hour tour of Istanbul. Visit the Hagia Sophia museum and Roman Hippodrome. See the Iznik tiles of the Blue Mosque, and more. Then, wander the stalls of the world’s oldest market at the Grand Bazaar.
What to Expect
See the Byzantine highlights of Istanbul on a half-day tour of the historic city center. Marvel at the ruins of churches, see the site of former Roman chariot races, and walk the magical alleys of the Grand Bazaar.
Following a pick-up from your hotel, transfer to the Hippodrome of Constantinople, and see the Walled Obelisk and Obelisk of Theodosius on the site of the chariot races of the Roman Empire. Look at the markings of the former track on the paving stones of Sultan Ahmet Square. Gaze at the Serpentine Column from Delphi, and the Byzantine German Fountain of Wilhelm II.
Next, skip the long lines to the Hagia Sophia, also known as “The Church of Holy Wisdom.” Marvel at one of the world’s masterpieces of architecture that has served a Orthodox church, mosque, and city museum. Continue to the iconic Blue Mosque, so-called for its stunning blue Iznik tiles. Marvel at its domes and slender minarets, before ending your tour at the world’s oldest and largest covered market.
Bargain for souvenirs in the Grand Bazaar as you stroll around more than 4,000 shops in its tiny alleys.
- Licensed guide
- Air-conditioned transportation
- Skip-the-line entrance ticket to the Hagia Sophia
- Hotel pick-up and drop off by air-conditioned bus
- Entrance fees as mentioned in the itinerary
- Service charges and taxes
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks
- Tips and gratuities
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the Grand Bazaar is closed on Sundays and will be replaced with a visit to an authentic shop
• The Blue Mosque is only visited from the outside on Friday mornings before 13:00, due to the noon prayer
• Please note that there may be long waiting times to enter the Blue Mosque
• Pick-up is only available for centrally located Istanbul hotels. A free shuttle to the meeting point is offered between 08:00 and 09:00 (depending on the location of your hotel), and takes 45 to 60 minutes
• Please note that on the afternoon tour you will visit other authentic shops instead of the Grand Bazaar