Learn the story of Istanbul on a 3.5-hour history and legends sightseeing tour, and see some of the most significant monuments from the Ottoman and Byzantine empires, such as Topkapi Palace, and the iconic tiles and minarets of the Blue Mosque.
What to Expect
Explore the history of Istanbul through some of its iconic landmarks on a half-day sightseeing tour by air-conditioned vehicle.
Following a pick-up from your accommodation in the city center, transfer to the Sultanahmet district for a look at its historic streets, with the former primary residence of the Ottoman sultans at its heart in the Topkapi Palace complex. Learn more about the empire and the 25 sultans that ruled over it as you discover the palace courtyards and outhouses.
Next, go to the iconic Blue Mosque to gaze in awe at its 260 stained glass windows, 30 domes, 2,000 blue iznik ceramic tiles, with 50 different images of tulips, and a mihrab carved from a single piece of marble. Hear how the mosque took 7 years to construct from a design by a talented student of the Ottoman architect, Mimar Sinan.
Stroll into the historic heart of Istanbul to take some great photos of the old city as you guide talks about its history, before your return transfer and drop-off at your accommodation.
- Museum entrance fees
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- Transportation by air-conditioned, non-smoking car or bus
- Parking and road tolls
- English-speaking guide and driver
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• This tour requires a minimum of 2 people per booking
• Please note that on Tuesdays, Topkapi Palace is replaced with the Basilica Cistern
• Please note that on Fridays, the Blue Mosque is replaced with Sokollu Mehmet Pasa Mosque