Historic Istanbul Half-Day Sightseeing TourProduct ID: 10821
From £30.57 per personBook now
Pick-up servicePick-up from hotels located in central Istanbul
- Explore the landmark sights of central Istanbul
- Visit the Haghia Sophia, one of the world's architectural masterpieces
- Marvel at the vibrant blue of the Sultan Ahmed Mosque
- Go to the former Hippodrome of Byzantine chariot races
- Lose yourself among the spice and jewelry stalls of the Grand Bazaar
Learn about the ancient Basilica that was started by Constantine the Great in the 4th century, and completed by Emperor Justinian in the 6th century. For 1,000 years it was the world’s largest cathedral. Today, it has been converted to a museum. Admire the impressive dome and minarets, as well as the beautiful mosaics, sculptures and columns inside.
Your next stop will be the legendary Sultan Ahmed Mosque, better known around the world as the Blue Mosque. Get up close to this symbol of Istanbul and see the vibrant blue tiles that adorn its interior walls. Stroll around its beautiful courtyard, and see the 6 graceful minarets.
Continue to the Hippodrome, site of chariot races during the Byzantine Empire. Admire the 3 remaining monuments; the Obelisk of Theodosius, the Serpentine Column, and the Column of Constantine. End with a walk around the labyrinthine Grand Bazaar to haggle for bargains among some 4,000 jewelry, pottery, spices, carpet, and leather stores.
- Entrance fees
- Pick-up and drop off at hotels in central Istanbul
Pick-up from hotels located in central Istanbul, or from the cruise port. Please advise on booking and provide the name and address of your hotel, or name of your cruise ship (Open in Google Maps)
Product ID: 10821