Discover the landmark sights of Istanbul on a private 4-hour walking tour. Wander historic streets to see the former church and mosque of the Hagia Sophia, marvel at the blue tiles of the Blue Mosque, and go underground to see the Basilica Cistern.
What to Expect
See the highlights of Istanbul on a private 4-hour walking tour, and discover some of the greatest monuments of the Byzantine Empire. Your personal guide will pick you up from the lobby of your hotel and transfer you back in time to explore Istanbul's rich past.
Walk to the exquisite Blue Mosque, the primary mosque in Istanbul, where people are called to prayer 6 times a day. Take time to admire the famous blue tiles that give it its name, as well as the slender minarets and bustling courtyard of this icon of the city.
Close by is the ancient Hagia Sophia, the largest building in the world for more than 1,000 years. Learn the story of the former church, and how it later became a mosque before becoming a museum to the building's illustrious past.
Next, head underground to the Basilica Cistern for up-close views of the sophisticated water storage system of the Byzantine Empire. Marvel at the mysterious atmosphere of the subterranean church, where Ionic and Corinthian columns fill the cathedral-size space.
What's Not Included
- Entrance fees (where applicable)
- Tips (appreciated when deserved)
Know Before You Go
• Please note the following entrance fees apply:
- Blue Mosque - free
- Hagia Sophia - EUR 9 adults, children (0-11 years) free (earphones mandatory for groups of more than 15 people - EUR 1.5);
- Basilica Cistern - EUR 7 adults, children (0-7 years) free
• Please bring sunscreen in summer, as well as dark glasses and a hat (or umbrella)
• Please wear comfortable shoes