Discover the first capital of the Ottoman Empire on a 12-hour tour to Bursa from Istanbul. Cross the Sea of Marmara by ferry. Then, explore the city’s main monuments, such as the Green Mosque. Ride the teleferic up Mt. Olympus.
What to Expect
Explore the first capital of the Ottoman Empire on a private full-day tour of Bursa from Istanbul.
Following a pick-up from your hotel on Istanbul’s European side, transfer to the port to catch a ferry to Yalova. Cross the Sea of Marmara. Then, relax in air-conditioned comfort on the 2-hour drive to Bursa.
Upon arrival, sample some of the local produce of the region, such as chestnuts, honey, olives, Turkish Delight and more. See historic bazaars and sights, such as the Grand Mosque (Ulu Cami).
Next, climb a mountain for a barbecue lunch. Enjoy some free time to enjoy an ATV safari, or take a minibus to the ski slopes for a spot of ski-ing (own expense).
Explore Koza Han in the heart of the old Silk Market, and learn about Bursa’s thriving silk trade during the Ottoman era. Although it’s now a tea house, the building retains its historical allure. Hear how Bursa marked the end of the ancient Silk Road, and how the city was once home to countless artisans who produced kaftans and soft furnishings for the Turkish sultans.
Return to Istanbul in the evening, for a drop off at your hotel and the end of the tour services.
- Round-trip transportation by air-conditioned bus
- Ferry ticket
- English-speaking guide
- Lunch (including a soft drink)
- Entrance fees as per the program
What's Not Included
- ATV safari
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Please note that the cable car (teleferic) will not operate in the event of heavy rain
• If you would like to ski, you can take a minibus from the restaurant to the ski lopes. Transportation and ski equipment are not included
• The travel agency is not responsible for the weather conditions