Take 2 days from your Hurghada holiday to discover the amazing sights of Cairo. Marvel at the Pyramids of Giza. See the treasures of the Egyptian Museum, visit the Salah El Din Citadel and Mosque, and explore the famous Khan el Khalili Bazaar.
What to Expect
Travel from Hurghada to Cairo on this 2-day tour and experience the wonders of ancient Egypt. You’ll see the Giza Pyramids and the Sphinx, visit Memphis and Saqqara, and explore Islamic Cairo, the Egyptian Museum, and the famed Khan el Khalili Bazaar.
Your 2-day Cairo excursion begins with a convenient pick-up at the entrance door to your hotel in Hurghada, where your driver will be waiting, holding a sign with your name on it. On the way to Cairo you’ll begin to get some impressions of the Egyptian landscape.
In the afternoon, visit the Salah El Din Citadel at the heart of Islamic Cairo, created by one of the greatest Arabic rulers. Known in Europe as Saladin, this successful conqueror and clever statesman built this impressive fortress to protect the city from European crusaders.
Later, in the evening you’ll have time to explore the famous Khan el Khalili Bazaar to buy some souvenirs and try bargaining for items, which is a typical part of Arabic culture.
On the second day you’ll tour Memphis, the ancient capital of Egypt, and see its ruins, the colossal fallen statue of Pharaoh Ramesses II, and the Alabaster Sphinx. Your guide will also show you Saqqara, the graveyard of Memphis, with its mastabas, the flat-roofed, rectangular tombs, and its pyramids. You’ll see Pharaoh Djoser’s famous Step Pyramid.
Afterwards you’ll stop for lunch before heading to Giza to see the iconic Pyramids and the Sphinx. In the evening you’ll return to Hurghada and be dropped off at your hotel.
- Hotel transfers and tour transportation by high-standard air-conditioned vehicle
- Guided tour in your language
- Entrance fees for sights mentioned in the description
- Lunch at local restaurants (both days)
- 1 night’s accommodation in a 3-star hotel
- Dinner (Day 1)
- Breakfast in your hotel (Day 2)
What's Not Included
- Personal items, meals, drinks, and services not mentioned
- Tips/gratuities for drivers and tour guides
The entrance door of your Hurghada hotel
Know Before You Go
Additional activities available on request, and at additional cost:
• Mummy Room in the Egyptian Museum
• Camel ride around the pyramids
• Entrance to the Great Pyramid in Giza
• Entrance to the Small Pyramid in Giza
• Visit to the Solar Boat Museum in Giza
• Pyramids Sound and Light Show
• Dinner and show on a Nile River cruise boat
• Felucca sail on the Nile River