Discover the history and culture of ancient Egypt on this full-day tour of Cairo. Fly from Hurghada to visit the magnificent Giza Pyramids, the Sphinx, the Valley Temple, the Museum of Egyptian Antiquities, Coptic Cairo, and Khan el-Khalili bazaar.
What to Expect
Fly from Hurghada to Cairo for a full-day tour of the fabulous sights of ancient Egypt. You will be accompanied by your Egyptologist tour guide to visit the famous Giza Plateau, home to the Great Pyramids, the Great Sphinx, and the Valley Temple.
The tour then continues on to the world-renowned Museum of Egyptian Antiquities, where you can admire the collections of over 120,000 masterpieces from several periods in Egyptian history. You can also see the ancient mummies and learn about the culture and art of mummification in ancient Egypt.
You will then head on to visit the Christian heritage in Coptic Cairo, including some of the early religious monuments of the city and the famous Hanging Church on top of the south gate of the Fortress of Babylon. Afterwards you can enjoy an afternoon of shopping at the famous Khan el-Khalili bazaar before catching your flight back to Hurghada.
- All transfers in an air-conditioned van
- English-speaking Egyptologist tour guide
- Flight tickets
- Soft drinks in the van
- Entrance fees to the places mentioned in the program
- Lunch during tour at a restaurant
- Pick-up from Hurghada hotels
What's Not Included
- Drinks in the restaurant
- Any extras not mentioned in the itinerary
- Hotel pick-up from hotels in Makadi Bay, Soma Bay, Safaga, El Gouna – 10 EUR per person
Know Before You Go
• Bring a passport with at least six months of remaining validity, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a camera.