Enjoy a 2-day outing to Cairo and Alexandria and immerse yourself in Egyptian history. Take a journey into days long bygone and see the burial sites of the pharaohs.
What to Expect
Immerse yourself in the history of ancient Egypt and the pharaohs with a visit to the exciting capital of Cairo and the historically-significant city of Alexandria.
After pick-up from your hotel, begin the tour with a visit to the Egyptian Museum. Admire the most famous piece on display: the burial mask of Tutankhamen, one of 3,500 pieces taken from his grave.
After a refreshing lunch, continue on to the Pyramids of Giza. Discover 1 of the only remaining Seven Wonders of the Ancient World and 1 of the most famous monuments in the world.
Stroll through 1 of the largest markets in Cairo and enjoy some free time in the evening before spending the night in the capital.
The next morning, head to the port city of Alexandria and visit the Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa as well as the 27-meter tall Pompey's Pillar. See the famous Montaza Palace and admire the Turkish and Florentine architectural styles.
- All transfers in an air-conditioned vehicle
- Private English-speaking tour guide
- Soft drink and water during car rides
- Entry fees to all attractions named in the itinerary (excluding the Mummy Hall at the Egyptian Museum)
- Overnight stay with breakfast in a hotel
- 2 lunches during the tour in designated restaurants
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
- Drinks in the restaurant
- Music and light show at the pyramids
- Entry to the burial chambers at the pyramids
- Mummy Hall at the Egyptian Museum
Cancel up to 1 day in advance for a full refund
Know Before You Go
• Please bring your passport
• Your hotel can arrange a wake-up call and packed lunch for you if you so choose. Please notify the hotel the day before the tour to make these arrangements
• Please bring warm clothing in the winter and loose clothing in the summer, as well as photo and video equipment and sturdy, comfortable shoes