Take a day trip from Huangshan and visit Hongcun and Xidi village, UNESCO World Heritage sites since 2000.
What to Expect
7:30-8:20am: Start the tour with a pick-up from a Tunxi district city hotel and then drive to the UNESCO World Heritage site, known as "Chinese ink painting" village, Hongcun (a 1-hour and 20 minute drive with about 2-hours for the visit).
Hongcun Village is located at the foot of the southwest of Mt. Huangshan, only 11 kilometers away from Yixian town. It is a unique, buffalo-shaped ancient village, covering an area of about 30 hectares. All the buildings follow local architectural style, have exquisite carvings and are magnificent symbols of its time. They were built with fine craftsmanship that is regarded as the best in China. Among them, Chenzhi Hall is a big and gorgeous residential building including two living rooms, one Buddhism prayer section, one amusement room, etc. It enjoys the name of "Residence Museum." The village has nice scenery - simple but elegant, a fine mixture of old houses, green hills and clear creeks. Hongcun village has always enjoyed the name "a village in a Chinese painting." The village now boasts 158 dwelling houses dating back to the Ming dynasty and Qing dynasty, about 300 or 400 years ago, nearly 140 houses are still in good shape. Because of this extraordinary feature of the village, Hongcun Village was added to the list of the World Cultural Heritage by UNESCO in late 2000. It is also the location for the famous prize film "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon."
After lunch, travel to the Chinese folk building museum Xidi (about 20 minutes). Xidi village lies in the southeastern part of Yixian county. It extends 700 meters from east to west, 300 meters from north to south and covers an area of 16 hectares with 320 households and 1100 villagers. There is a small river which flows through the whole village with a hill in front of the village blocking its course, so it flows to the west instead of the east which is how Xidi got its name. The topography of Xidi village is well-planned. It looks like a sailing boat from the high above.
- Pick-up and drop-off service for hotels in downtown Huangshan
- Sightseeing program for seat-in-coach tour as indicated in the itinerary
- English-speaking tour guide
- Entrance fees to scenic spots as indicated in the itinerary
- Parking fee toll fee wherever applicable
What's Not Included
- Flight/ train ticket
- Gratuities to the tour guide, driver, hotel bellboy
- Services not mentioned in the itinerary
- Traveler insurance
- For uptown hotel, extra money will be charged
Know Before You Go
• Please notice the size of this group tour should be at least 2 persons, if you make the reservation just for one person, please pay the difference