Explore Hong Kong's largest island on a full-day excursion to Lantau. Discover a pristine beach and a traditional fishing village, marvel at lush valleys and see soaring mountains. Get some spiritual enlightenment at the Po Lin Monastery.
What to Expect
Start your full-day Lantau Island expedition with a ferry ride to Mui Wo on the southern side of the island. Upon arrival, head to Cheung Sha Beach, popular with locals and visitors alike.
Then, travel by bus to the historic fishing village of Tai O, where the Tanka boat people still live in their stilt houses. Located at the mouth of the Pearl River, Lantau Island is often referred to as "The Lungs of Hong Kong" due to the abundance of indigenous forest and the relative scarcity of high-rise developments. Experience the mountainous terrain and lush valleys first hand.
Next, visit Po Lin Monastery and see the Giant Buddha statue. Benefit from the chance to sample a vegetarian meal, and enjoy some free time to explore the attractions before going to Tung Chung to ride the Ngong Ping Cable Car.
- Pick-up and drop off at selected downtown hotels
- English-speaking guide
- Local ferry to Mui Wo on Lantau Island
- Transportation by air-conditioned coach
- Vegetarian lunch
- A single ride on the Ngong Ping Cable Car (normal cabin)
What's Not Included
- Additional drinks at lunch
Know Before You Go
• Children are considered aged 3 to 11 years old
• This tour does not operate during Chinese New Year
• No refund will be given for a no show or if your booking is cancelled within 48 hours of the tour date
• Please note, the Ngong Ping Cable Car is not available from January 9 2017 to July 9 2017, when it will be replaced by a coach transfer)