Higher than High Van PassProduct ID: 13904
From £79 per personBook now
- Visit the 1,000 year old Cham Towers
- See an old US War facility from the Vietnam War
- Look out for wild primates on Monkey Mountain
- Enjoy the stunning scenery of the Truong Son mountain range
- Abseil into Hell's Cave
- Discover Vietnam's largest Buddha statue
Looming over the city are the steep slopes of the Son Tra peninsula, and that is where you are headed on this full day excursion by motorbike. It is a lovely way to get out of the city’s humidity and feel the breeze in your face.
Leaving town at around 08:00 you will head for the hills, stopping at a temple of the Cham people, the former kingdom that came to control the spice trade. You will also visit a former US war base. Follow small country lanes around Da Nang before heading up the steep slopes of the Son Tra peninsula, otherwise known as Monkey Mountain.
Ride the narrow road that snakes around the mountain, offering grand vistas of the South China Sea and China Beach – site of the first American landing in 1965. Enjoy views of Da Nang, the Hai Van Pass and the Truong Son mountain range, part of the famous Ho Chi Minh Trail. Look out for the wild primates that give the mountain its name.
You will pause for a picnic lunch at the highest point, an approximate 696 meters (2, 280 feet) above sea level. Looping around to the other side of the mountain, you will visit a pagoda featuring the country’s largest Buddha statue, before cruising down to the shoreline and past the brightly painted fishing boats dotted along the South Central Coast.
Before your return to Hoi An, you will stop at the sacred Marble Mountains, a cluster of 5 marble and limestone mountains named after the 5 elements. Notable for its network of caves and tunnels, you will have time to explore, or alternatively take an adrenaline-rush abseil down into the temple of Hell's Cave.
- Experienced English-speaking guide
- Minsk motorbike or semi-automatic scooter
- Tour Mechanic
- 3rd party insurance for motorbikes
- Entry fees and ferry crossings
- International safety standard helmet
- Drinking water and soft drinks
- Saddle bags & rain ponchos if needed
- Personal & motorbike insurance (for motorcycle accident)
- Damages to motorcycle
Hoi An Motorbike Adventures office 111 Ba Trieu Street Hoi An Quang Nam, Vietnam (Open in Google Maps)
Tour departs with minimum of 2 people.
Please note: there is no pillion discount for tours departing with only 2 people.
The pillion discount only applies when you share a bike with a friend or partner.
Inexperienced riders should sit on the back
Moderately experienced riders should drive themselves
Product ID: 13904