Discover My Son Sanctuary before enjoying a boat ride along the river on this half-day tour from Hoi An. Learn about the history of the Champa Kingdom, visit a local handicrafts village, and admire the fantastic scenery of the riverside.
What to Expect
My Son Sanctuary is very familiar with people who love the Cham’s culture. A visit by minivan to My Son Sanctuary and return by boat will be an impressive experience for visitors. This will be a chance for you to discover and learn more about the lifestyle of the people who currently live around this ancient area.
The car will pick you up at your hotel to head out and start your journey. On this tour, you can enjoy a half-day trip to the capital and religious center of the former Champa Kingdom, My Son, which has been designated as a UNESCO World Heritage Site. During a time spanning from the 4th to the 8th centuries, when Tra Kieu (then known as Simhapura) served as the political capital of Champa, My Son was the site of the most important Cham intellectuals and religious center. It is also believed that this site could have been used as a place of burial for Cham monarchs.
My Son is considered to be Cham’s counterpart to the grand cities of Southeast Asia’s other Indian influenced civilizations: Angkor (Cambodia), Bagan (Myanmar), Ayutthaya (Thailand), and Borobudur (Java). Leaving My Son Sanctuary, you will head back to your hotel by boat, visiting either Thanh Ha Pottery Village or Kim Bong Carpentry Village along the way.
With over 500 years of history, Thanh Ha Pottery Village will please you with wonderful products created by skillful craftsmen. If you decided not to visit Thanh Ha Pottery Village, you can choose to visit Kim Bong Carpentry Village, which has been in existence since the 16th century with sophisticated products.
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary
- Entrance fees
- Bottled drinking water
- English speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
- Travel insurance
What's Not Included
- Tips and gratuities
- Personal expenses such as shopping, telephone, beverages, etc.
Know Before You Go
• Free of charge for children 0-5 years old
• 50% off for children 6-10 years old
• Before 15:00 on the day prior to the tour, a charge of 50% of the tour cost applies
• After 15:00 on the day prior to the tour and for no-shows, a 100% charge applies
• Please note, customers cannot receive any type of compensation