Explore the historic heart of Hoi An on a 4-hour sightseeing tour, and learn about the local lantern making traditions at a craftsman’s workshop. See highlights such as the Cantonese Assembly Hall, the Japanese Covered Bridge, Hoi An Museum, and more.
What to Expect
Discover the history of Hoi An on a 4-hour sightseeing tour and see some of the beautfully-preserved buildings of the UNESCO World Heritage Old Town. Then, get in touch with your creative side at a lantern making workshop.
The tour will provide an insight into life in Hoi An with visits to all the major attractions, such as the Hoi An Museum, where black and white photos reveal what the city looked like in the early 20th century. Wander down atmospheric traffic-free streets to see the 3 ancient houses, and the Chinese influenced Assembly Hall with its pastel dragon statues and peaceful courtyard.
Go to the Japanese Covered Bridge in the Old Town, where you will also find dozens of artisan workshops. It’s at one of these that you will join a lantern craftsman to learn about the traditional techniques of making Hoi An’s iconic lanterns. Under the guidance of an enthusiastic craftsman, learn how to bend your own lantern into a frame, cut the cloth, and glue it all together to make a perfect souvenir you can show to your family and friends back home.
- Transfer and transportation as per itinerary
- Entrance fees
- Bottled drinking water
- English-speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
- Travel insurance
What's Not Included
- Tips and personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Before 15:00 on the day prior to the tour, a charge of 50% of the tour cost applies
• After 15:00 on the day prior to the tour and for no-shows, a 100% charge applies
• Please note, customers cannot receive any type of compensation