Experience the Cultural World Heritage of Hue on a full-day tour and learn about the city’s dynastic history. Tour the Citadel: the Imperial City, the Emperor’s Private Residence, the Perfume River boat ride, Thien Mu Pagoda and Khai Dinh Royal Tomb.
What to Expect
When you arrive in Hue, your visit stop will at the Citadel, Hue’s premier attraction. On your morning tour of the site you’ll see the Imperial City, the Forbidden Purple City, and the Emperor's Private Residence.
Following the Citadel visit you’ll have a short break for lunch, followed by a boat trip on the Perfume River. Stop at Thien Mu Pagoda, considered by many as the unofficial symbol of Hue. This is an active Buddhist monastery with its origins dating back to 1601.
One of its most poignant displays is a car belonging to a former monk, who in 1963 drove to Saigon and set himself on fire in protest against the South Vietnamese regime and its cruel treatment of Buddhist monks and followers.
Your final visit of the day will be to the Khai Dinh Royal Tomb, designed using feng shui principles, and built to blend in with its natural surroundings.
- Round-trip transfers from your Hoi An accommodation
- Entrance fees
- Bottled drinking water
- English-speaking tour guide (other languages available upon request)
- Travel insurance
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• Before 15:00 on the day prior to the tour, a charge of 50% of the tour cost applies
• After 15:00 on the day prior to the tour and for no-shows, a 100% charge applies
• Please note, customers cannot receive any type of compensation