Take the one-of-a-kind opportunity to craft your own bicycle using one of Asia's most iconic and versatile materials. With expert guidance, this workshop lets you make a bicycle frame out of bamboo.
What to Expect
Take the one-of-a-kind opportunity to craft your own bicycle using one of Asia's most iconic and versatile materials. With expert guidance, this workshop lets you build a bicycle frame out of bamboo. This is a super hands-on experience where you'll create a one-off momento.
Using bamboo from the Nipa Palm Forest just outside of Hoi An, your host walks you through the process of hand-fashioning your own bicycle. Discover why bamboo is loved by the locals, and get a sense of its strength and reliability as you work under the guidance of an expert craftsman.
The 3 day workshop covers the crafting process, with sessions of up to 8 hours per day—enough to get you halfway through the process of building your bamboo bike. Therafter, your host takes over the process, applying the finer finishing details to produce a bike you can take out to ride.
- Guided bamboo bicycle crafting workshop
- Bamboo bicycle frame materials and tools
- Commentary provided in English
Know Before You Go
• Maximum group size is 5 people
• You can arrange to have the completed bicycle shipped to your address for an additional fee based on your shipping destination. Please make arrangements with the supplier on the day of the activity
Hours of operation are 8.00 am – 3.00pm.
• You will receive confirmation of your exact workshop time when you call to confirm your reservation.
• Check-in is 15 minutes prior to the booked start-time.