Admire the beautiful landscapes and simple way of life of the Mekong Delta on a day trip to Mỹ Tho and Bến Tre from Ho Chi Minh City. Journey along the Tiền River to local villages. Learn how local food and drink specialties are made.
What to Expect
8:00 – 8:30: Tour guide will pick you up at your hotel and start on journey to My Tho – Ben Tre. On the way, see Southern village’s rustic aesthetic on Vàm Cỏ Đông River and rice paddies along the sides of the road.
09:50: Arrive at Mekong rest stop in My Tho City, get some rest and enjoy free time for your personal activities about 15 minutes and then keep on our itinerary.
10:30: Visit Vinh Trang pagoda. Tour guide will tell the history of Vĩnh Trang Pagoda- the oldest pagoda in South with the most unique architecture in the Mekong Delta, a combination of Viet- Khmer culture and original Western Europe architecture.
11:00: On the way to the pier, contemplate Rạch Miễu Bridge which crosses the biggest river of West, connecting My Tho with Ben Tre.
Ride a bike under the roads scattered with sunshine and the fragrance of grapefruit . After that, cruise down the river. Go along Tiền River and pass 4 islands: Long, Lân, Quy, Phụng (Dragon, Unicorn, Turtose, Phoenix).
11:30: Visit the bee farm and enjoy honey tea with bee pollen. Take pictures with Grass Python and Angel Banana - special fruit in Mekong Delta.
Relax as you row a small boat on a river tributary to get to the local house of culture for “ Đờn Ca Tài Tử” – a specific characteristic of Southern culture. Then, visit the coconut candy villages.
12:30: Arrive at Tân Long fishing village which belongs to Dragon island and experience the life of local people as well as the way people raise fish in their floating houses.
13:30: Return to the homestay for a BBQ lunch then rest on local hammocks under the garden foliage or play volleyball on the sands.
14:30: Visit the orchard by riding a bike around the village.
15:30: Return to Ho Chi Minh City. End of the tour - see you again soon!
- Transportation by new car
- Small bottle of mineral water
- English/Vietnamese guide
- Barbecue lunch
- All entrance fees
- Boat trip on the Mekong Delta
- Journey by hand-rowed sampan
- Fishing and carriage
What's Not Included
- All other services not mentioned above
- All meals and beverages unspecified in the above program
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Tips for the guide and driver
Know Before You Go
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Dress code is smart casual
• Vegetarian option is available, but please advise at time of booking if required
• This activity is subject to favorable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
• Be sure to read the description carefully, and be aware that you'll be moving onto smaller rowing boats
• Please be mindful of local customs
• Ensure the safety of every participant by helping one another during the program
• Bring only essential luggage, avoid expensive items
• Remember to bring your camera
• As this is a tour through the nature/forest, wear closed shoes
• Please be on time and don’t break the rules