Mekong Delta - 2 Day / 1 Night Homestay
From £191 per personBook now
- Experience bustling downtown Ho Chi Minh City
- Boat trip cruise along the maze of waterways of the fertile Mekong Delta to visit some local cottage industries
- Motor-cart to an out of the way village where you might have a chance to peek inside local homes for an insight into rural life
- Boat on narrow water creek along Mekong River's most beautiful Phoenix Islet to see fish farming
- Experience river life on a village homestay with locals in Mekong
- See the lush farmlands of riverside Vietnam
- Taste-test delicious tropical fruits
With its meandering waterways and flourishing farms, the delta is a place not to be missed. Riverbanks are dotted with coconut palms, rice fields, orchards and stilted-houses and the water is teeming with boats of all shapes and sizes. Travel to this vibrant region and cruise past fishing boats, cargo vessels and even floating houses.
Day 1: Arrive Ho Chi Minh City – Mekong Delta Homestay
This morning you will be picked up at the front entrance of the Saigon Opera House, located at Dong Khoi St, District 1 (intersection of Le Loi St) by your local guide at 08:00. Then, set off for the Mekong Delta, visiting the unexplored Ben Tre town on the way. The fertile Mekong Delta is famous for its abundant harvests of tropical fruits and flowers as well as boating along the canals. On arrival, we board our private boat and cruise along the maze of waterways to visit some local cottage industries. We hop on motor-cart to an out of the way village where you might have a chance to peek inside local homes for an insight into rural life seldom seen by the outside world and try some regional specialties for lunch at a local restaurant.
After lunch we continue our journey by boat on narrow water creek along Mekong River's most beautiful Phoenix Islet to see fish farming. Towards the end of the day, we arrive at the home of a local family whose house is built on stilts over the water. These welcoming people will be your hosts for the evening and can tell you more about life in the Delta.
Overnight: Mekong Homestay
The facilities at the homestay are basic but comfortable, with bedding and mosquito nets provided.
Day 2: Mekong Delta / Ho Chi Minh City
Rising early to the sounds on the Delta on day 2, feast on a delicious breakfast before jumping on the bicycle to visit the local market, then back to your homestay to help our host prepare lunch or why not get stuck into some gardening?! After lunch, we say goodbye to our hosts and return to Ho Chi Minh City. Your Mekong Delta adventure ends upon arrival in Ho Chi Minh City and we transfer you to your hotel (around 5pm).
- English speaking guide
- Transport as indicated
- Meals: 1 breakfast, 2 lunches, 1 dinner
- 1 night homestay in Mekong
- Guided Boat trip – Mekong Delta
- Family Homestay – Mekong Delta
- Items of a personal nature
- Tips or gratuities for drivers or guide
Front entrance of the Saigon Opera House, located at Dong Khoi St, District 1 (intersection of Le Loi St) at 8AM Drop off point: Your centrally located Ho Chi Minh City Hotel Departure time: 8:00am on the day 1 of the itinerary Duration: 2 days / 1night
• To ensure a real life experience, the group sizes are limited to 12 passengers
• Guaranteed to depart
• Please ensure your knees and shoulders are covered as this trip visits rural areas
Product ID: 5431