Journey from Ho Chi Minh City into the heart of the Mekong Delta on a group tour led by an experienced local guide. Take a rowing boat trip on small waterways, experience the true life of the delta region and visit its fruit orchard and coconut groves
What to Expect
The Mekong River, the longest river in Indochina, is divided into 9 tributaries within Vietnam and spans the vast Mekong Delta. The Delta is often referred to as the "rice bowl" as it produces three harvests per year and the "garden of heaven" because of its rich soil whit is ideal for growing fruits, vegetables and flowers. Riverbanks are laden with coconut palms, rice fields, orchards and stilted houses.
After arrival in My Tho city, you will have a chance to visit one of the most famous pagoda namely Vinh Trang with special architecture which is combined between Asian and European styles. To continue the tour, the local motor boat will take you go along Dragon island, Unicorn island, Phoenix island, Turtle island. On the boat, you can see fishing port, Rach Mieu bridge, stilt house, boat building workshop. There will also be a stop at the famous Unicorn island.
At Unicorn Island, you will take a short trek to see the fruits garden. You can also enjoy tropical fruits, natural honey tea and wine at bee keeping farm and Vietnamese traditional music performed by the locals.
Then transfer to a small motor boat travel along the lush, green canals, and stop at local restaurant for Vietnamese lunch (Try Mekong specialty dishes). You can ride the bike around the village and visit crocodile farm or take a rest on hammock or study how to pass the monkey bridge.
A rowing boat carries you slowly through the canals which cover a peaceful air and full of water-coconut trees. After that, you will continue your motor boat trip to Ben Tre province. The horse drawn cart will take you to the village to visit a hand made coconuts candy workshop and see the locals how to make the rice noodles. Boat will take you back My Tho, then the bus will drive you back to Sai Gon. End of the trip.
- Professional guide
- Hotel pick-up (from selected hotels)
- Transport by air-conditioned coach
- Mekong specialty dishes for lunch
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
What's Not Included
- Food and drinks, other than the "value added offers" specified in your guidebook
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Gratuities (optional)
Know Before You Go
• Adult pricing applies to all travelers
• Children must be accompanied by an adult
• Dress code is smart casual
• Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
• Subject to favorable weather conditions. If canceled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund