Discover the unique cultural heritage of Vietnam’s Mekong delta as you cycle to My Tho and cruise along the Mekong River. Visit the floating market in Cai Be, enjoy lunch in an ancient house, visit a bee hive, taste natural honey, and more!
What to Expect
Experience local life on the Mekong delta on this full-day tour bike and boat tour. You’ll be picked up at your hotel in Ho Chi Minh City in the early morning and transfer with bikes to Tan An. The tour starts out with a ride along the riverbank to My Tho, where you’ll board the boat for a motorized cruise along the Mekong River.
You’ll see the local floating market in Cai Be and have lunch at an ancient house. The boat then follows along natural creeks and stops at a village in Tien Giang province where you’ll visit a bee hive and try the natural honey and honey tea. You’ll also have a chance to enjoy tropical fruit, tour a distillery, see how coconut candy is produced, and taste candy and coconut pulp.
Afterwards you’ll have time to ride the single track around the village in Cai Be before the journey back to your hotel.
- English-speaking cycling guide
- Private air-conditioned van/bus for a group
- Bottled drinking water during cycling
- Snacks and fresh fruits, ice, and refresher towels during cycling
- Boat trip, as per description
- Local ferry tickets where required
- Sightseeing entrance fees as per description
- Bike for the trip/helmets/spare parts/first aid kit/tool kit
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
What's Not Included
- Travel insurance (recommend)
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go
Consider bringing the following items:
• Optional daypack, bumbag, or handlerbar bag
• Cycling gloves
• 2 x padded bike shorts with something to put on over them when off the bike
• Cycling shoes
• Own pedals, seat, bar ends if required
• Optional gel seat cover