Discover the vast network of canals and channels that comprise the Mekong Delta. Get a glimpse of the daily agricultural life of the vibrant southern Delta region as you float past verdant fields. Stop at a village to taste local fruits, honey and candy.
What to Expect
To begin this day tour to the Mekong Delta you’ll be picked up at your hotel and transferred by air-conditioned minivan to My Tho, about a 1.5-hour journey from Ho Chi Minh City.
Along the way, you'll pass by rice paddies and small villages. When you arrive in My Tho, visit the Vinh Trang pagoda, one of the most famous landmarks in the region. Afterwards, you’ll enjoy a 3-hour boat trip with a stop at an island, where you’ll take a short walk around a village.
Watch the step-by step process of making coconut candy and try a sample. Taste honey tea and tropical fruit while listening to traditional southern Vietnamese music, which is a combination of court music and folk music.
Stop for lunch at a riverside restaurant and enjoy savory specialties such as fried elephant-ear fish, spring rolls, grilled chicken and vegetable soup.
After lunch, your day trip ends with a boat ride to My Tho and a drive back to Ho Chi Minh City.
- Transportation by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pick-up and drop off
- English-speaking guide
- Mineral water (1 bottle per person)
- Boat trips
- Fresh tropical fruits
- Honey tea
What's Not Included
- Personal expenses
Know Before You Go
• You will receive confirmation at the time of booking
• Please be ready in your hotel lobby by 07:45
• Your guide will pick you up between 07:45 and 08:10
• Pick-up in District 1 is free; for other districts please contact the supplier regarding possible additional charges